Home

Official NBA 2k15 Gameplay Patch Suggestions

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2k15 Gameplay Patch Suggestions within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2014, 01:20 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Official NBA 2k15 Gameplay Patch Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofthecouch
Off rebs definitely needs to be fixed. I see rebounders go through and around box outs. I've seen them rocket jump past over and around a box out. Tendencies or ratings need to be adjusted. This alone is killing the game for me.
While going through a boxout should obviously never happen, people go around boxouts in real life regularly. I wouldn't want to see boxouts be so good and so completely about positioning that someone like humphries could never make a last second move around a guy boxing him out poorly.

The numbers I see when I play the computer are typically fairly realistic. Take the twolves/grizzlies game last night. The grizzlies had 10 offensive and 23 defensive and the timberwolves had 19/28. I would say most of my 2k games the teams have 1 offensive rebound for every 4 defensive rebounds, so the video game already seems a bit low. Looking at the rebounding for 2014, it seems like most teams had around 3 offensive rebounds for every 7 defensive.
Old 10-30-2014, 01:47 PM   #34
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokes
While going through a boxout should obviously never happen, people go around boxouts in real life regularly. I wouldn't want to see boxouts be so good and so completely about positioning that someone like humphries could never make a last second move around a guy boxing him out poorly.

The numbers I see when I play the computer are typically fairly realistic. Take the twolves/grizzlies game last night. The grizzlies had 10 offensive and 23 defensive and the timberwolves had 19/28. I would say most of my 2k games the teams have 1 offensive rebound for every 4 defensive rebounds, so the video game already seems a bit low. Looking at the rebounding for 2014, it seems like most teams had around 3 offensive rebounds for every 7 defensive.
Precisely what I'm saying on the previous page. Its the putback logic that frustrates people. The offensive rebounding itself is not over powered for the CPU.

PSN: MiiikeMarsh
Old 10-30-2014, 05:24 PM   #35
Pro

OVR: 6

After an offensive rebound...all defenders tend to collapse near the ball leaving players wide open at the 3 point lines. This is a known issue in online rank. And this is even in man-to-man defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2014, 05:34 PM   #36
Rookie

ShogunTake's Arena

Since most people have covered everything already here are some suggestions that aren't gamebreaking but still necessary for a fix;

-Add headband options to the CAP screen.
-Add headband option for MyCareer so I can have the logo facing the front if I want.
-Add compression shorts/shirt to MyCareer.
-Add team color options for MyCareer accessories.
-The Hornet's jersey colors are too dark/dull.
Old 10-30-2014, 06:09 PM   #37
Rookie

unc_kobw's Arena

OVR: 2

I made my own thread with this post, but I seen this thread so I wanted to put it here as well.....

I play all of my games on Hall of Fame/Default 6 min, so as everyone should expect some BS things are going to happen, but the amount I've seen in this years game blows anything I've ever seen out of the water.

I play about half and half on ball/off ball defense. The movement this year is terrible for human controlled players, which has caused me to play a lot more off ball than I wanted to. I try to make sure I do all of the closing outs and shot contests, if I don't my teammates stand and watch. I tried to play some passing lanes, but all it ever does is get you out of position because your player reacts so slow. The CPU doesn't seem to have the same momentum effect we do. They can be out of position and have unreal recovery time even against players as fast as Westbrook and Rose. I used to force more TO's than anyone I know. Now I'm lucky to force 5 a game.

The CPU offense is almost unstoppable, anytime I can get them to shoot below 55% I feel like I've won the lottery. Any time a CPU player posts up, it's almost an automatic make if they shoot it. Dwight hitting step back jumpers out of the post, Westbrook drilling hooks like Kareem. Bumping them or collision shots almost have no effect on their outcome. I could have Blake Griffin mismatched with a PG on him and he will hardly ever make a post shot, defintely not when he gets bumped by the much smaller defender. I have to give him a clear path so he can just dunk, which he will occasionally miss in the worst possible times.

I can't stand some of the passes my players make. I was just playing and seen a double team coming and instead of throwing over top of it to the open man, my PG tries a straight pass between them and it just goes off of their chest. This happens all the time on post entries and pick and rolls as well. There will be an open man and the play will be broken because they aren't smart enough to make the correct type of pass.

Now I want to talk about rebounding. No matter who I play with I'm getting out rebounded every game, mainly because of the amount of offensive rebounds my team gives up. I played a test game against the Knicks, and I put Dwight, Griffin, and K Love on the same team and started them at the 3-5. My defensive POE was protect paint, play physical, and crash defensive glass. I got out rebounded 31-23, 9 of their rebounds coming off the offensive glass. Second chance points was 14 to 4. I just don't see how all that can happen. I remember twice I missed a shot and had Dwight in position for the offense rebound, but Melo would come out of nowhere and not even get up as high as Howard and yet he would come down with the ball. I think a big problem is that the CPU players react 10 times faster to any loose ball there is. Most of the time that I get a deflection or block it just ends up back in the same players hand and they get an open shot.

I finally had a few games where I shot more FTs than the CPU, but I still don't get the same foul calls that they get.

I'm still not fond of the shooting but it's something I'm getting used to. My offense used to consist of just some regular pick and rolls and isolations, but this year I run plays about 70% of the time. I don't like the amount of open shots I miss though. I understand no one can make everything, but I feel like good ball movement to open shots should be more rewarding than it is on the game.

The gameplay feels scripted more this year than ever. If I have a lead in the 4th, it's automatic that the CPU is going to make a big run. I was up 11 one game with 2 minutes to go and had Josh Smith hit 3 3s in a row to bring them back, while Danny Green missed to open corners 3s for me. I ended up losing in OT.

I've broken one controller in my life playing a game, my controller has already hit the wall 3 times this year but is still together lol. This game just frustrates me so bad sometimes. It's like I know what I want to do and I know what I want my teammates to do, but they just can't comprehend it.

Now that I'm done with all this complaining, I wonder if anyone else is seeing any of these problems or if anyone has any solutions to help. I don't mind the losing. If I play 10 times against the CPU I'll win 6 or 7 of the times and I like the challenge. But I can't stand losing when it comes from unrealistic things happening on the game.

I've got a lot of help from watching Sam Phams videos on this years game, but it can only help so much when the CPU plays perfect basically the entire game.
NFL: Seattle Seahawks

Madden SFL League - If you beat them, they will boot you.
Old 10-30-2014, 06:21 PM   #38
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Patch some on ball defense into to the game to stop the sliding online. Stop putting the defensive player in a "stuck in mud animation "
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 10-30-2014, 06:22 PM   #39
Banned

prestwood90's Arena

After playing live and going back to 2k it's hard to get used to controlling the players lol
Old 10-30-2014, 08:17 PM   #40
Banned

prestwood90's Arena

Please fix the court shine and arena lighting.......The cavs arena right now on TV looks amazing

Last edited by prestwood90; 10-30-2014 at 08:23 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »