Home

Official NBA 2k15 Gameplay Patch Suggestions

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2k15 Gameplay Patch Suggestions within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2014, 10:48 AM   #57
Rookie

JPCaveman13's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Official NBA 2k15 Gameplay Patch Suggestions

I agree with most of the stuff posted about rebounding, fouls, subs, and what not. There are a few aspects of the gameplay that really can get annoying/irritating when it happens.

Personally, I would like to see the rebounding game reworked. It seems like if I work to get into good position for an offensive rebound, the CPU will just clip through or have both players skate around each other to let the defensive player have the advantage in the rebounding game.

The passing game needs a little tweaking. There should be a way to direct what type of pass you want to throw as well as how hard/soft it is. I've had it where there was a noticeable height discrepancy and the passes were mismatched to the situation, such as ran a pick-and-roll as the roll man (as my 7'2" C in MyCareer). I set a hard pick and forced a switch giving me a huge mismatch over a guard. Instead of getting a pass lobbed high so I could go up and get it, it was a bounce-pass right into the shorter defender for the steal. Likewise, there are passes that try to go over the taller player when a low-trajectory pass is needed. Also, the speed and accuracy needs to work. I should be able to control the speed of my passes better. If I want to have a quick outlet pass to start the break, I should be able to do that. Plus, passing lane defense needs help. Just got through a frustrating series where I could have 2-4 players in the passing lane and have eyes on Rose but his passes would always get through (sometimes even clipping through) but there could be no one even in or looking at the lane and it would wind up as a deflected pass/steal.

I would also like to see some of the shot "effects" balanced out. Same series with the Bulls, would play great defense and then someone would have to chuck an off-balance, adjusted, well-defended shot at the shot-clock buzzer and have it drop way more often than it should, while at the other end an open look at a short jumper would miss for no apparent reason.

Body-type physics need some tweaking as well. I don't know how many times, my big center would get his shots adjusted by a guard trying to stop a fast-break dunk. If my 300+lb C gets rolling, nothing should really affect him short of another similarly sized or built player. Likewise, I shouldn't be able to really adjust him much at full speed either....yet both happen regularly.

Something not necessarily gameplay but sorta, the way the ratings groups are broken down in MyCareer can use some adjustment. Shooting can be broken down further than just inside and jump shooting. Break it down to post play/inside, mid-range, and outside. All the awareness/IQs, FT shooting, and basics of the game can be in it's own category of fundamentals and having badges related to those core skills can have an effect to how your other skills can advance. There's just other ways to group the ratings that would better reflect how a player can be built. These differently-grouped stats can then be tied to position and size within that position so when MyCareer players end up getting maxed out, there's a noticeable difference between a 6'10" 240lb center versus a 7'3" 340lb center in terms of range, speed, strength, etc.
Old 11-02-2014, 02:53 PM   #58
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkknightrises
1 thing I noticed is when guys shoot the ball they kind of slide. I think this is part of why you don't see enough 3 point attempts has some shoots that should be 3 became long 2 because of this. I had a game where I was the lakers down by 3 with like 5 seconds left. I got the inbound pass to Kobe who was open and like a good 6 inches be hide the line and I shoot the ball on the catch and made It and I was like yes but then I noticed I was still down by 1 so I was like what. I looked at the replayed and noticed Kobe during his shoot he slide his foot on to the line so basically this caust me the game has the game should have been tied.
This.

Although this does occasionally happen in real life, it happens wayyyyy too often in 2k. This obviously has a big impact on how many 3's are attempted in a game.

PSN: MiiikeMarsh
Old 11-02-2014, 11:56 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 0

How about the option to adjust sim quarter length in my career. I don't have the time to play 12 minute quarters for an entire season.. They had it on 2k13 and it worked fine..
Old 11-09-2014, 12:03 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 9

Fouls;
Bumping animations that should be fouls. It happens when the defender is beat or runs up from behind.

Dribble;
Remove the unnecessary dribble animation that slows the ball handler down (ghost defender).

Passing;
Directional pass animations when a directional pass isn't done: it slides or makes the catcher run into traffic or out of good position.
Bad pass animations: user will pass the ball off the defender or pass the ball near the defender for a turnover.

{Legacy issue!!}
CPU Speed;

CPU will out run faster players or get unrealistic speed burst to get back on defense.
CPU speed of 65 will turn into 85 in one step when the user is 3-4 steps into turbo.
CPU reacts unrealistically on loose balls, block shoots, and offensive rebounds (super fast reaction).

Last edited by keshunleon; 11-09-2014 at 12:14 PM.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:44 PM   #61
Just started!

1. Stat Overlay in MyGM and My League needs to be fixed. To much time is being spent on looking at nothing and listening to the commentators talk while no information is shown.
2. Posterizer needs to be toned down. 2K claimed that players wouldn't get dunked on as often but this year it seems like it happens a lot. My friends and I do MyLeague all the time and when we go to draft top players there are always Vince Carter type athletes. The moment you play a game with these players if they can't shoot they sure can dunk on everyone all the time.
3. Shot meter is broken. I am glad that players can't just run down the floor with one player and continuously jack up threes and make them at high clip but players often miss to many open shots and layups and this ruins the experience. I am all for making the game play like their real life counterparts but at the end of the day it is still a game.
4.Hall Of Fame is horrible. I know that the game is suppose to be difficult. There will be all type of unreal things going on but i mean come on. The CPU still grabs every rebound, they make every shot, shot clock cheese is STILL EXISTENT. I like a challenge but hate feeling cheated. Messing with sliders is wack to me and take up to much time. Just level the game play out.
5. Input lag. Player responsiveness is garbage. I press a button on my PS4 and they react a second later. Especially on defense. I know players are suppose to have different weight to them but man, players should still respond.
Sorry for nagging but these are some things that could improve the game. There have been past post about these things but I just wanted my voice heard. Hopefully the BIG PATCH will be coming soon. Thanksgiving maybe
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2014, 10:47 PM   #62
Banned

WISports's Arena

Have they patched players skin tone changes in past games? They have Giannis way too dark in the game. He's much lighter, like this.

Old 11-11-2014, 03:21 PM   #63
Banned

prestwood90's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
Have they patched players skin tone changes in past games? They have Giannis way too dark in the game. He's much lighter, like this.

Everything in the game is darkened.....look at Clevelands court lol
Old 11-11-2014, 07:16 PM   #64
MVP

Poke's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestiux
3 point attempts and foul attempts are not enough even with max CPU sliders. Cheese with User players on defense falling down for no reason and User defense jumping does not register at times. All of this NEEDS to be patched soon.
I have to disagree with the lack of 3PA and FTA. These are stats from 2 different games. Every game is different as is it should be IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »