Home

How do you shoot? Button or Stick?

This is a discussion on How do you shoot? Button or Stick? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2014, 09:52 AM   #1
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
How do you shoot? Button or Stick?

In this years game, do you guys use the shoot button or do you shoot with moving the stick? I've tried using the stick and it's pretty awkward depending on where you're at in relation to the basket. A lot of shots you have to move the stick AWAY from the basket and it can take some getting used to.

Just curious, what do you guys use? And also, can you do every type shot including hooks and fade aways with the button like you can with the stick?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2014, 10:16 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: How do you shoot? Button or Stick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
In this years game, do you guys use the shoot button or do you shoot with moving the stick? I've tried using the stick and it's pretty awkward depending on where you're at in relation to the basket. A lot of shots you have to move the stick AWAY from the basket and it can take some getting used to.

Just curious, what do you guys use? And also, can you do every type shot including hooks and fade aways with the button like you can with the stick?
i use the button to shoot.

I can't shoot with the stick for my life.. Amazed anyone can
Old 10-30-2014, 10:31 AM   #3
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

I use the button for set shots (and spin shots/layups) and the stick for everything else. Then again, I use real player % because I'm an extreme simhead and don't like the idea of external factors affecting shots, so timing really doesn't matter at all for me.
Old 10-30-2014, 10:32 AM   #4
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

If u shooting with a button you are restricting your freedom on the types of shots you want to attempt .

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Old 10-30-2014, 10:45 AM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
If u shooting with a button you are restricting your freedom on the types of shots you want to attempt .
Not true. You can do everything this year with the button and it's much more reliable. Double tap and hold for LeBron turnaround jumper, tap while moving for a hop jumper, tap while pointing away from the hoop for a step back... The list goes on.

The only way I see it worth it to use the right stick is for shot changes in the paint or euro step layups. Even a hop step layup is more reliable with the button. Just tap while in paint and you can even pump fake then follow through.

If you watch 2KU, the shots are being explained using the button.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2014, 10:50 AM   #6
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

OVR: 6

I only use the stick except for spin shots of course.
Old 10-30-2014, 10:59 AM   #7
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookid
Not true. You can do everything this year with the button and it's much more reliable. Double tap and hold for LeBron turnaround jumper, tap while moving for a hop jumper, tap while pointing away from the hoop for a step back... The list goes on.

The only way I see it worth it to use the right stick is for shot changes in the paint or euro step layups. Even a hop step layup is more reliable with the button. Just tap while in paint and you can even pump fake then follow through.

If you watch 2KU, the shots are being explained using the button.
Quoted for truth. I am a hybrid I guess. I use the stick for pull ups, step backs, post shimmy fades, post hooks, and handed layups. But also use the shot button for set jumpshots, hop gather shots (most under rated aspect of the game imo), post step back fades, post hop fades. It's good to be adept at using both depending of the context of the situation. Anyone also notice the follow through animation when you hold left stick towards the basket on pull up shots? It's a sight to see and I actually think it secretly aids in shot success on the pull up shots.

[XLSL SIX NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SIV NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SVI NBA 2K12 Champion]

[SCH SI NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIV NBA 2K16 Champion]

[SCH SV NBA 2K18 Champion]
Old 10-30-2014, 11:09 AM   #8
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

I use stick for my C (myC) with the Olajuwon steps and some post moves.Other shots, I use button

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »