Home

MyPARK - When to start playing it?

This is a discussion on MyPARK - When to start playing it? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2014, 04:46 PM   #9
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MyPARK - When to start playing it?

to be completely honest. in most cases having a HIGH BBALL IQ(meaning you actually understand the game, can pay team ball.) can do wonders for you in the park.more so than your ratings will. whats the point have in having a 80 overall, when you got chuck chuckerson over there ballhogging and jacking up 3's over people every time we go up the court.

i started playing the park when i hit 70. im a 82 now. but yea just play smart and people should like your style and you can make new friends to play with. thats how i go by now. too many people play me ball or iso ball @ the park.its rare where you get 2 other guys who actually move the ball around and work as a team
Old 10-30-2014, 05:54 PM   #10
Rookie

Celtics4Life's Arena

Icon13 Re: MyPARK - When to start playing it?

Why is no one mentioning the SPAM of people creating 90+ rated centers? My Park was fun back in the day when skill points where earned and not bought. I played few games where the opposing team had 3 centers. The issue is they run just as fast as guards and shoot 3s. All the other 2 centers have to do is stand under the rim and collect all the rebounds. Unless the speed, ball control, and shooting levels are not adjust there is no reason to play my park.
Old 10-30-2014, 06:04 PM   #11
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtics4Life
Why is no one mentioning the SPAM of people creating 90+ rated centers? My Park was fun back in the day when skill points where earned and not bought. I played few games where the opposing team had 3 centers. The issue is they run just as fast as guards and shoot 3s. All the other 2 centers have to do is stand under the rim and collect all the rebounds. Unless the speed, ball control, and shooting levels are not adjust there is no reason to play my park.
You think those guys are centers they're actually small fowards.

I started park at 70 but I didn't enjoy until I hit a 75+ as a true big man. I got to an 88 overall without buying any VC I'm halfway through my second season . It's fun so is the rec center . Be careful in the stage the abusers come out truly .
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2014, 06:38 PM   #12
The Illest Villain

MFDOOMBOT's Arena

OVR: 2

What I've found is playing defense with the right stick & ONLY using the jump button to block layups from behind, are the best ways to play effective defense in the park.

You will still get scored on, but you will find that you're not out of position as much. This coupled with an offensive scheme other than, run down the court and shoot contested 3's, should keep you competitive.

Bonus: Learn how to use the right stick while playing defense to cut the offensive player off when he makes his move to the hoop.

@Jermain_Santana
Pro Am Twitter: @RatedSim
Twitch: xDOOMBOTx
Old 10-30-2014, 07:00 PM   #13
Pro

Clappington's Arena

Quote:
Those arent centers those are the 7'0 Small Forwards biggest cheesers in the game.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:37 PM   #14
Rookie

Celtics4Life's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clappington
Those arent centers those are the 7'0 Small Forwards biggest cheesers in the game.
I have a 7'0 SF with no VC added. I'm rated 75 the guys I played with were much taller then me and definitely centers. They were running just as fast as the PGs and as noted still shooting 3's. They had 1 center as a PG shooting 3s and the other 2 just parked under the rim. I think they were on court for 30+ minutes and just beating everyone. It was such BS got me mad to see their speed, ball handling, and shooting equivalent to a SG/SF. It is what it is I just hope they adjust some slider or change something. Sooner or later everyone will make a center and goodbye my park.

PS this is PS4 version.
Old 10-30-2014, 10:23 PM   #15
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
I have a 7'0 SF with no VC added. I'm rated 75 the guys I played with were much taller then me and definitely centers. They were running just as fast as the PGs and as noted still shooting 3's. They had 1 center as a PG shooting 3s and the other 2 just parked under the rim. I think they were on court for 30+ minutes and just beating everyone. It was such BS got me mad to see their speed, ball handling, and shooting equivalent to a SG/SF. It is what it is I just hope they adjust some slider or change something. Sooner or later everyone will make a center and goodbye my park.

PS this is PS4 version.
lol because they are 7+ small fowards not centers that's what we're trying to tell you . If you look at they're positions you'll see that
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2014, 10:39 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
lol because they are 7+ small fowards not centers that's what we're trying to tell you . If you look at they're positions you'll see that
he's prob right they are centers why wouldnt they be? they can be bigger, get all the same stats (ball control -5 for a center) but everything else exactly the same and a center is cheaper VC to level so why would people pick PF?

Personally there really is no issue with center's very easy to strip the ball from them, most people playing on park with PF/C have next to no skill and you just need to play smart against them

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »