Home

Advice for player development for MYGM/MyLeague

This is a discussion on Advice for player development for MYGM/MyLeague within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2014, 09:36 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Advice for player development for MYGM/MyLeague

It would be really helpful if someone could break down hoe it works?

For example I have a Lakers association and I'm trying to make Julius Randle much better defender? Any advice?!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2014, 09:38 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Advice for player development for MYGM/MyLeague

Adjust the in season training slider to 65, then choose to develop him defensively via training
Old 10-30-2014, 11:24 PM   #3
Rookie

newmich's Arena

I agree i would love some tips as well for the in season training. I play GM more than league so i really rely on the training. It would be nice if anyone had pointers on where to put the three training sliders (physical and whatever the other 2 were) and how often you change them. Also how often you change the categories themselves for players.
Old 11-06-2014, 12:55 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Please help if you have any advice... This new training method is fairly confusing and I've heard if I train one specific area other attributes will decrease so is there any way of focusing my players on a specific tasks with out a decrease in other stats?!
Old 11-06-2014, 02:07 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj2008nw
Please help if you have any advice... This new training method is fairly confusing and I've heard if I train one specific area other attributes will decrease so is there any way of focusing my players on a specific tasks with out a decrease in other stats?!
That will also depend on the amount of time he plays not just with training. Also you can't develop a raw player to a LeBron James so you got to stick with what he is doing best. On a logical state, being a great defender means more training on defense and that leaves your other skills left out and that is the reason for the decline. I believe on the player card it will show you what type of player he is so you got to go with it. Training plus playing time will help him improve and also the potential rating he has will determine the improvements he gets in a season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2014, 02:34 AM   #6
Just started!

I agree i would love some tips as well for the in season training.
Old 11-07-2014, 12:42 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

So I briefly experimented with player development during a Celtics MyGM. To begin I go to the player training screen. I then set up for each player what I skills I want them to focus on. A quick way to set it up for each player is to select physical and then press (Y or Triangle) which brings up a list of all the position skills (Two Way, Rebounding, etc.) and a percentage of how high the skill is for a player.

For example a PG will have a higher percentage if they focus on either PG skills or SG skills but if they focus on a forward or center skill set the percentages drastically drop and the player will develop slower.

When it comes to training intensity I set most players to medium to start off the season but there are certain players who have a work ethic badge which means they work harder then most when it comes to training and don't complain about intensity levels being too high as much. Also if you train with high intensity or very high intensity your players season fatigue goes a lot quicker then if at medium intensity.

With the Celtics for example only Rajon Rondo and Marcus Smart have the work ethic badge so I set Rondo to high intensity and Smart to very high. After simming four games and a few practices into the season. I noticed on the player progress screen Marcus Smart was at 99% and then after another practice he progressed.

I hope these were some helpful beginner tips to the new player training for MyGM/MyLeague.
Old 11-07-2014, 08:25 AM   #8
Rookie

flo182's Arena

Some of my experienes:

- If you focus player training on 1 special skill, the overall growth of the player slows down. In my 1st MyGM Season I wanted Rubio to become a better shooter, so I focused his training on 3Pt / Midrange and the tactical training on "Shot IQ / Creating own shot" for a few months.

Overall Rubio stayed at 80, because even though his Shooting increased, all his other skills went down 1-2 Points.

Compared to that Players with the same Potential as Rubio and without the focus on 1 special training skill had an overall growth of 2-3 Points.

Nevertheless it can be useful if your player really lacks at a skill (with Rubio obviously his shooting) and even though he didnt progress as much as the other players, he's so much more useful in his 2nd season because he can shoot.

With young and raw players like Wiggins, Bennett, Lavine etc. I would recommend to just change the "Player Type" (by pressing Y) and not focus on one skill because it really slows down their overall progress.

When it comes to Training Intensity its really hard to find the right level. Players will always complain, one week they feel exhausted and after 1-2 days off they will complain that training intensity is too low.
Best thing is to ignore them and just look at the season fatigue progress.

I put the intensity for my vets on low, for my benchplayers on high and my starting five on mid.
This seems to be a good mix and my players develop a lot better now in my 2nd season than in my first season where I changed the intensity quite often and listened to their complains.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »