Home

How is VC earned?

This is a discussion on How is VC earned? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2014, 03:08 PM   #1
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

OVR: 0
How is VC earned?

Shameful admission here--I don't really know much/anything about VC and how it works. I've played the series since they rebranded as ESPN NBA Basketball years ago (and subsequently started using 2k the next year again) but missed out on pretty much all of the current gen games until I got 2k14 in the Summer Sale. I exclusively played various Associations with the UBR mod and don't remember a single mention of VC.

In 2k15 I see that I earn a random amount of VC after random MyLeague games but I see absolutely no breakdown of where the number came from, I just see the number next to profile name increase by an unspecified amount. I normally wouldn't pay any attention but its my understanding the first person career mode requires VC for attribute upgrades...and apparently accessories, which makes zero sense why that would require attribute points (iirc in 24/7 mode you just earned them separately from playing games) but that's a rant for another day.

I would like to stockpile VC for when I dive into career mode so I feel free to give my various characters a damn headband or two without feeling like I'm sacrificing my attribute points. I looked around the internet for a guide that outlines the various ways to earn VC (other than purchasing, seriously is this Candy Crush?) but all I see is EASY AND FAST WAY TO EARN VC FOR FREE and stuff like that.

I just want to know the various ways VC is earned within the confines of normal gameplay, and what settings affect it (and why I earn it in some games and not others). If anyone knows more, or can link somewhere with a complete list/explanation I would greatly appreciate it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2014, 03:18 PM   #2
MVP

Magnus1959's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: How is VC earned?

I like playing customized My League games and you get 925 VC a game. It's a good way to practice for My Career.
Kansas State Wildcats
Old 10-31-2014, 03:23 PM   #3
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus1959
I like playing customized My League games and you get 925 VC a game. It's a good way to practice for My Career.
Thanks for the reply. Customized how so? and 925 a game no matter what?
Old 10-31-2014, 03:28 PM   #4
MVP

Magnus1959's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosegoose
Thanks for the reply. Customized how so? and 925 a game no matter what?
I've got Legend players on my Bulls team, then I have another with rookies only and the current Bulls team. I do play 12 min quarters.
Kansas State Wildcats
Old 10-31-2014, 07:05 PM   #5
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus1959
I've got Legend players on my Bulls team, then I have another with rookies only and the current Bulls team. I do play 12 min quarters.
Got it. I play 11 minute unless I sim the first half (pretty common, thank goodness we can jump in games again!!) and then play the second, in which case its 12 min. I was kinda hoping it was based on minutes played, if so that would be sweet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2014, 07:18 PM   #6
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosegoose
Got it. I play 11 minute unless I sim the first half (pretty common, thank goodness we can jump in games again!!) and then play the second, in which case its 12 min. I was kinda hoping it was based on minutes played, if so that would be sweet
If you sim any part of the game, I believe you don't get any VC. Personally, if I am going to sim a game, I quick sim it. That way when I play games, they are full games and I get the VC.

Last edited by BBallcoach; 10-31-2014 at 07:22 PM.
Old 11-01-2014, 08:37 AM   #7
Banned

tomzennsbruh's Arena

Yes if you sim, you get no VC.

MC, the amount if VC is tied to performance and difficulty setting. Not game style. Casual will earn just as much as Simulation.

On everything else it is tied to the quarter length and Win or Loss.
Old 11-01-2014, 08:42 AM   #8
Banned

tomzennsbruh's Arena

People complain about VC, I I get it for the mist part. But if you just, you know, actually play the game you paid for, you shouldn't have a problem getting what you want.

Personally I hate instant gratification in games. Even though, yes, I wish my player had better ratings and every accessory right now, I like having to earn stuff. More in an incentive to spend time picking up the controller everyday.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »