Home

How to get assists as a Shooting Guard?

This is a discussion on How to get assists as a Shooting Guard? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2014, 10:33 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Question How to get assists as a Shooting Guard?

I'm playing in MyCareer and I'm having trouble getting assists since I cannot set up plays I don't know exactly how to dial this aspect of the game down. I'm a basketball noob in real life so that may be why =p. My passing accuracy is 77 btw. Any help is appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2014, 12:19 AM   #2
Rookie

gremdog8's Arena

Re: How to get assists as a Shooting Guard?

Get the ball on top of the key/wing and call pick and rolls and play off those.
Old 11-01-2014, 12:26 AM   #3
Rookie

I call a lot of pick n roll too. But most of the time, I just follow the plays that are being called. On those plays, if I happen to have an opening, I take it and either score or draw the defense to pass it off. Otherwise, playing the pick n roll is the best option.
Old 11-01-2014, 12:26 AM   #4
Rookie

Also, if you score a bunch of points you'll probably start getting double teamed, so look for the open guy if you see an extra defender rushing over to you.
Old 11-01-2014, 01:39 AM   #5
Rookie

Figured it out by using pick and roll like you guys said and utilizing the crap out of KD. He is a scoring machine when you assist him otherwise he has been a nonfactor really this whole season now I know how to get the darantulua out of him. I have played in 42 games and did two games where I got 10+ assists yet I cannot get the State Farm Deal??? I already have Sprint Endorsement A is that the reason why I cannot unlock State Farm? Or do I have to play 30 games as a starter to unlock it?

Last edited by SPECOPx; 11-01-2014 at 01:42 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2014, 02:42 AM   #6
Pro

If you pass to an open dude and they don't shoot, try tapping the shot button. It basically tells them to shoot. The higher your team chemistry, the higher the probability they'll listen. In having them shoot semi contested shots at this point with no on court coach.

This is also helpful when there is just a big in the lane because they'll usually drive for the contact layup/high percentage shot. Instead have them take that mid.
Old 11-01-2014, 02:49 AM   #7
Just started!

the higher the probability they'll listen. In having them shoot semi contested shots at this point with no on court coach.
Old 11-01-2014, 04:05 AM   #8
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

my 2 ways to do this.

1.as another user said, score like 10 points and the double team will start. keep up your icon passing and when someone man comes to you pass it to him. if hes competant enough he will score.

2. get steals and run the fast break and pass to your teammate who is running somewhere with you.

being on the wolves this is easy cause i got levine/ and wiggins/ along with a rookie PG who is pretty good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »