Home

MyPark/Stage is over-run with small forwards.

This is a discussion on MyPark/Stage is over-run with small forwards. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2014, 10:23 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MyPark/Stage is over-run with small forwards.

I have a 7 foot small forward that's a 93..started a 6'7" pg. Why? Because now I can actually defend. get ur facts straight OP. Lateral quickness starts lower than Pg defensively and playmaking a boatload less than PG. I was getting blown by with my 7 footer now it's hard to score on my max d point guard. There's always a counter. Don't whine, do the work and find it
Old 11-04-2014, 10:36 PM   #34
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilLefty34
I have a 7 foot small forward that's a 93..started a 6'7" pg. Why? Because now I can actually defend. get ur facts straight OP. Lateral quickness starts lower than Pg defensively and playmaking a boatload less than PG. I was getting blown by with my 7 footer now it's hard to score on my max d point guard. There's always a counter. Don't whine, do the work and find it
6'7 pg's are still pretty cheesy. Maxing height of any position is to get an unfair advantage and the fact is a SF has the most rounded stats so being 7' tall and a SF gives you the best chance of being an all-around threat.

Once you max stats of both a PG and SF there's almost a half foot difference in maxed height with no real difference in stats and that's a problem.

-Allen Iverson
Old 11-05-2014, 01:59 AM   #35
Rookie

I was planning on makeing a AI type of pg but i guess thats like shooting myself in the foot if i intend on playing mypark aswell?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2014, 03:11 AM   #36
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bonium
They're 6-10.

Dirk barely ever played small forward.
Dirk started his career as a SF.

So did Pau Gasol.

Of course neither of those guys were anywhere close to 80/90 speed.

Giannis is 6'11" now and Durant is 6'10", both with crazy wingspans that essentially make them 7 foot (in a league where most PF/C are around 6'10" to 6'11" anyway). Perry Jones is 6'11" also and playing SF. We can also go back to busts like Nikoloz Tskitishvili for 7 foot SFs. They're far and few between, but they exist. For game balance purposes, I agree that there should have been more limitations. I think it's annoying that 2K will give SFs speed in the 90s but there are maybe two PFs with speed > 70. They have this belief that bigs are lumbering and it hasn't been true in years.
http://youtube.com/real2krosters

Last edited by Real2KInsider; 11-05-2014 at 03:17 AM.
Old 11-05-2014, 10:22 AM   #37
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashidi
Dirk started his career as a SF.

So did Pau Gasol.

Of course neither of those guys were anywhere close to 80/90 speed.

Giannis is 6'11" now and Durant is 6'10", both with crazy wingspans that essentially make them 7 foot (in a league where most PF/C are around 6'10" to 6'11" anyway). Perry Jones is 6'11" also and playing SF. We can also go back to busts like Nikoloz Tskitishvili for 7 foot SFs. They're far and few between, but they exist. For game balance purposes, I agree that there should have been more limitations. I think it's annoying that 2K will give SFs speed in the 90s but there are maybe two PFs with speed > 70. They have this belief that bigs are lumbering and it hasn't been true in years.
Just because dirk, pau, nikoloz, brad sellers and possibly some other 7 footer played the sf a small amount of games because of their roster fit at the time doesn't make them small forwards...

Anyway, like i said before and the thing that we all agree on, whether the max height is 6'10, 6'11 or 7' isn't the main issue.

Although, even if i agreed that there was ever a 7' sf (which i don't), it is pretty irrational to use past players max height for the small forward but not allowing it for other positions: like magic's 6'9 at pg, sampson 7'4 at pf, bol/muresan 7'7 at c.
Old 11-05-2014, 10:39 AM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas85
I was planning on makeing a AI type of pg but i guess thats like shooting myself in the foot if i intend on playing mypark aswell?
Make him 6'7 unless you want to be at a disadvantage..
Old 11-05-2014, 11:54 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilLefty34
Lol. I need to get my facts straight with nearly 500 park games played? Should I make a vid specifically of me loading into all the different parks and looking up everyone's positions? It's all PG/SF/C. And a majority of that rabble is SF.

"There's always a counter" - Yea. Tell that to the other 2 dudes I was running stage with the other night when every single court, both 2's, all 4 3's, and the 5, had entire teams consisting of "vc bought 0 mc game cap" sf's. (You can call us garbage if you want, between the three of us we have over 100k youtube subs though. One of us even went to the little community get-together thing 2k did this year)

If the "counter" is just making a SF to compete with cheese than I suppose there is a counter. You go ahead and make a 6'7" pg, end with the same stat caps as a SF and get outboarded by a mile. Come back in a month and tell me how much better your PG is than your SF after you get blown out time and time again.

Oh, and don't come in here talking about playmaking like it's a stat that matters this year. Flashy passer badge = flashy passes always succeed, why throw regular passes? Gold dribble move badges you get just by spamming them in a mc game, why do you need handles? There's a rip animation that gives away when you're about to be ripped, just tap back on the shot stick and you do an escape animation. Games not that hard.

Last edited by nry20; 11-05-2014 at 11:58 AM.
Old 11-05-2014, 12:32 PM   #40
Just started!

Would you say a max height PG at 6'7 with max wingspan can keep up with these guys?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »