Home

Everybody picking Lebron James and the Cavs online

This is a discussion on Everybody picking Lebron James and the Cavs online within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2014, 01:59 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Everybody picking Lebron James and the Cavs online

If 2K ever listen to the community, I suggest you do something about this online for 2k16. This has been talked about for so many years and nothing has been done about it. User tend to pick Lebron and the Cavs online and try to win it every single time. It gets bore after awhile of playing the same team over and over again. The ONLY way i can see this stop from happening is if you invented an online ranking systems where you reward players for picking the weak team while beating a strong team.

Too much time is devoted to offline and Park and those single control player mode where i have no interested in because it is a chaos/disorganized basketball to me. I prefer a total control of 5 players on the court basket. I did play a couple games at the Park....it's not fun at all. Nobody know what they're doing...there is no communication....basically you're running up and down the court like a headless chicken. This might be okay to play with friends or people that you know. Even that is still chaotic because i know for a fact that some people don't chat or have mic when they play the game. 2K ought to spend time on online mode just as much as offline. It should be their #1 priority. With that bad servers and the low rating across many reviews...if this is not a wake up call fo 2K this year, then I dont' know what is...

Last edited by reptilexcq; 11-03-2014 at 02:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2014, 02:02 PM   #2
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Everybody picking Lebron James and the Cavs online

This happens every year, Cavs, HEat, LAkers etc. etc......

Easy fix. When you get to the team select screen and your opponent "ready's up" the cavs just back out of the game and try again. It literally takes a second to do this. I have no problem with this online.
Old 11-03-2014, 02:51 PM   #3
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24

So 2k should make online their #1 priority because.... you said so?

No need to take shots at the offline modes. They have a ton of things that need fixing as well. Me personally.... I never play sports online because it isn't enjoyable to me but I think fans of all modes (online and offline) deserve to be able to play it the way it is intended to be played with little to no issues.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:15 PM   #4
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

It still wouldn't matter. Frontrunners gonna frontrun.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:27 PM   #5
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

some of us Cav fans are legit fans and only play with the Cavs. Don't think I should be punished for picking the team I always rooted for. When I do play I always take Lebron out of starting line up. Since I know the team in and out I've been beating great teams for the last 3 years with the Cavs. It just feels like cheating with Lebron on my team. But something does need to be changed because it does get boring playing the same team over and over. I rarely play online anymore anyways.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2014, 06:08 PM   #6
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilexcq
If 2K ever listen to the community, I suggest you do something about this online for 2k16. This has been talked about for so many years and nothing has been done about it. User tend to pick Lebron and the Cavs online and try to win it every single time. It gets bore after awhile of playing the same team over and over again. The ONLY way i can see this stop from happening is if you invented an online ranking systems where you reward players for picking the weak team while beating a strong team.

Too much time is devoted to offline and Park and those single control player mode where i have no interested in because it is a chaos/disorganized basketball to me. I prefer a total control of 5 players on the court basket. I did play a couple games at the Park....it's not fun at all. Nobody know what they're doing...there is no communication....basically you're running up and down the court like a headless chicken. This might be okay to play with friends or people that you know. Even that is still chaotic because i know for a fact that some people don't chat or have mic when they play the game. 2K ought to spend time on online mode just as much as offline. It should be their #1 priority. With that bad servers and the low rating across many reviews...if this is not a wake up call fo 2K this year, then I dont' know what is...
Really nothing 2K can do here. People do everything to win.

My suggestion is to find people to play outside quick match. I'd rather play 10-15 guys I know who use a variety of teams than 400 guys that use the same teams.

Quick match is what it is. It's an instant game.

When you find people in quick match you like to play send them a message and ask them to play more.

Feel free to add me, I'll play you. I use the Pacers.

PSN: www-Coach2K-com

Just promise me one thing.

That you won't use the Cavs lol.

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.

Last edited by Coach2K; 11-03-2014 at 06:10 PM.
Old 11-03-2014, 06:24 PM   #7
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

How is this a legitimate complaint? People will always pick stacked teams and with said stacked teams they will cheese as much as possible to win. It's human nature. Far from surprising.
Old 11-03-2014, 06:55 PM   #8
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

So, you made a thread complaining about how people always choose the Cavs? Why? Isn't that their choice?

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »