Home

Generated Rookies (Possible Solution)

This is a discussion on Generated Rookies (Possible Solution) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2014, 10:31 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Generated Rookies (Possible Solution)

One of the most immersion breaking things to me in My Career are the generated Rookies. I thought this time around it wouldn't be so bad because faces can be down right molded. Every MC player I've seen looks different, including mine. And I didn't even face scan. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said about the generated Rookies.

Already in my second season I am seeing Rookies who look identical and now, there are several in the starting lineup for teams. It really ruins the experience and if a player gets injured, you're bound to see them way too often on your own team. They often usually suck as well with overall ratings in the 60s.

With all this said, I think I have a solution. What if next year's MC gave you the option to choose an earlier year to start your career. What if you had the option to start your career in 2002. Not only will all the Rookies be real players, but this would give you the option to play with some of your favorites in their prime.

Sure there will be some newer players not drafted yet, but if you are interested in them you can have the option to start your career normally instead of retro.

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2014, 11:25 AM   #2
Rookie

Maverick09's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Generated Rookies (Possible Solution)

This is probably my biggest pet peeve with 2K basketball games. Some of the generated rookies look absurd, and all look identical to one another. After a few years of MyGM or MyLeague, the players in the entire league resemble one another.

Might not be a big deal for some people, but it irritates me. Seeing as faces can be molded like OP said, I would've expected a much bigger diversity in faces than last years game. It might be a bit better this year, but it's still an issue.
Old 11-04-2014, 11:34 AM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick09
This is probably my biggest pet peeve with 2K basketball games. Some of the generated rookies look absurd, and all look identical to one another. After a few years of MyGM or MyLeague, the players in the entire league resemble one another.

Might not be a big deal for some people, but it irritates me. Seeing as faces can be molded like OP said, I would've expected a much bigger diversity in faces than last years game. It might be a bit better this year, but it's still an issue.
I agree. I'm only in year 2 and the starting PG for Orlando is a generated rookie with ugly tattoos in weird places (another thing that needs to be worked on) and he looks identical to the third Center on my team (Thompson is injured).

I'd rather start an earlier year and have all the Rookies come in be real players. I think it would be fun to see what teams they go to based on the history you are changing. My Career would have a cool butterfly effect.

Last edited by Crookid; 11-04-2014 at 11:36 AM.
Old 11-04-2014, 12:17 PM   #4
SimWorld NBA 2K Guru

Dreece's Arena

OVR: 19

Custom classes is still and always the way to go. The tendencies/animations/looks are still all over the place.
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 11-04-2014, 12:31 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Another possible solution is to hire Sapp, Dreece and Blindsidez as the class creators and then all of the draft class problems will be solved. Or just have them come to the 2K office and have them tell 2K how each class should be made.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2014, 12:43 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreece
Custom classes is still and always the way to go. The tendencies/animations/looks are still all over the place.
This would be awesome also. Community created draft classes. I like this.
Old 11-04-2014, 12:50 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookid
I don't think that would be the way to go. I think the way to go is to keep it the way it is going right now but have the right people working on it.
Old 11-04-2014, 01:06 PM   #8
SimWorld NBA 2K Guru

Dreece's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookid
There's a couple guys on here including us that has taken requests for players from the community, but editing draft classes and rosters is something that not everyone is built for.

Most of the guys that know how to build those projects are currently working on them. I really wouldn't rush to start a "REAL" My League until a "finished" project comes along. Incomplete work only gonna lead to more headaches once you start playing.

If you guys are on the X1 check out our Sim World roster and fictional class projects out in a couple weeks..we edit everything and it shows.

All the issues about lack of fouls, threes, etc have been remedied in our projects
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »