Home

NBA 2K15's MyPark Needs Traditional Lobbies and Matchmaking

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15's MyPark Needs Traditional Lobbies and Matchmaking within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2014, 06:33 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K15's MyPark Needs Traditional Lobbies and Matchmaking

I think they need something to make it so that the people separate. The mention of 'sim' for rec made me happy at first, but it's way too easy to do the same park trash.

Also apparently pushing someone from behind like in park is not a foul. They need to make that a foul in both. No reason people can just push you on the ground if you are the team's rebounder.

But yeah, they need to find a way to let all of the dudes who enjoy pretending to be the greatest bball player ever play together... and the dudes who want to actually play ball can play together.

You'd think something like sliders would work, but I dunno. It's hard to understand, admittedly, why there isn't a park for every slider set. And yea there is different cheese for each one, but it's that arcade stuff that upsets me. Dunks are stupid when everyone can do them on top of people. Not that there's any reason to dunk cuz you can just shoot 2s all day. heh.

-Smak
Old 11-04-2014, 07:12 PM   #18
All Star

OVR: 19

I am in a total love/hate relationship with MyPark. When its good its good, but by damn when its bad I want to throw my PS4 through my TV.

- Have a set of courts that allow anyone to play togethet regardless of faction. There is little as frustrating as having four guys ready to play and no more Ballers in sight but plenty of Flyers running around looking to play.

-Hide the player ratings. I hate that despite being a decent player some guys will come up to where I've got next, stop for a moment then run off to another court to do the same until they settle on one that just so happens to have some higher rated guys waitin. It's clear they're checking ratings. I think stats should be shown but no ratings.

-Squads coming in and taking the next game. If those guys could hear the things I have said through the mic when me and three others have been waiting for a fifth for 8 minutes then a squad of 5 comes in and takes the next game.

-Losing so much RP for a loss. I think once you level up it should only drop to the start of that level, not down to a previous level.

-I will say, the servers were great today. I had very very very little lag today. Most games I played were solid except for the slight input delay.

Last edited by CoffeyN; 11-04-2014 at 07:19 PM.
Old 11-04-2014, 07:20 PM   #19
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

OVR: 1

Crew mode.. maybe one day..
Old 11-04-2014, 10:50 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0
Glad I dont play online. Yeesh.
Old 11-05-2014, 02:28 AM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaateloauto
Crew mode.. maybe one day..

Hopefully, we can finally get it next year. All most of us want is the old mode on this generation.

The Rec is a decent substitute, but the waiting for games and etc is terrible. We've been saying this before the game released. No way you can actually get a quick rec game in before work or school or etc for the most part.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2014, 07:04 AM   #22
All Star

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by @marcusjiles
Glad I dont play online. Yeesh.
I get that, but I have to say that you're missing out to an extent.

While I had to wait a while to get on at JRC only to have all of my teammates slowly drop while we were down a bunch, finally losing by 28 (ended with me being the only non AI player on my team while they were at full force.) I went from there to the street courts where me and two guys played 4 games together and went 2-2, even in the losses it was fun.
Old 11-05-2014, 09:15 AM   #23
MVP

WaddupCouzin's Arena

OVR: 11

I'd like to see an empty court where you could shoot around or play a game of 21 while waiting for your game.
Old 11-05-2014, 10:48 AM   #24
Just started!

hi i am a member of a Spanish crew. we love to play this game and have spent years doing it. The edition of this year resulting spectacular. The only problem beyond normal with this type of game is that you can not access servers and would like us to play against the best, plus the European servers are usually pretty empty. We would appreciate much any American player hereby added us as a friend to try to keep your server and see if we can also use access servers. Played my id is todasde3 ps4. Thank you very much.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »