Home

Do you feel trainers have an appropriate effect on injuries?

This is a discussion on Do you feel trainers have an appropriate effect on injuries? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2014, 11:50 PM   #1
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

OVR: 0
Do you feel trainers have an appropriate effect on injuries?

Warning: Small sample size ahead.

So, my first year of MyLeague (Hornets) I had the injury sliders set to 55 and was slaughtered by injuries. I loved it. First Al Jefferson and Kidd-Gilchrist went down for several months with injuries, then Lance Stephenson a little later, in addition to many other minor injuries. For the first time ever in a 2k game, I had to make trades/sign free agents to fill holes and try to balance out my roster. It was perhaps more taxing injury-wise than a typical season for an NBA team, but that sort of thing happens sometimes and the season felt like a very real disappointment.

The offseason came, and in typical 2k fashion I mindlessly hired the best candidates for each staff position. As usual per the series, there were no shortage of superb candidates across the board (and nothing holding me back- other than self control- from hiring them), so I found myself hiring an A trainer. I didn't think much of it at the time, but I believe the previous trainer was a C.

I just entered the playoffs in year 2, and realized I had no injuries to speak of. I had only two injuries that were anything more than day to day, and those only lasted 1-2 weeks. Oh, and this was a team that employed Greg Oden for consistent minutes.

Obviously a team with an A trainer will generally be better off with regards to injuries than a team with a C trainer (and there's also random variation from season to season), but I was shocked by how different my injury situation was between the seasons. A good training staff can make a difference, especially with managing minor and chronic injuries, but players are still going to get injured (especially the major injuries) no matter what.

I only have 2 seasons so I have no way of knowing (hence the thread), but do you guys feel trainers have an appropriate impact on preventing injuries? I want to get a better idea before I go adjusting injury sliders or vowing to only sign C/B level trainers for realism.

Last edited by joosegoose; 11-06-2014 at 11:57 PM. Reason: changed question for consistency
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2014, 11:52 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Do you feel trainers have an appropriate effect on injuries?

In mygm yes but in my league I don't think it matters as much
Old 11-06-2014, 11:59 PM   #3
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Do you feel trainers have an appropriate effect on injuries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
In mygm yes but in my league I don't think it matters as much
Are you answering the thread question, or the question at the end of my post (which was do trainers have too big of an impact)?

I have since edited the post to ask the same question as the thread title to reduce confusion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »