Home

Shot Meter Inaccurate Online?

This is a discussion on Shot Meter Inaccurate Online? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2014, 02:16 AM   #1
Banned

KuSHeD OuT860's Arena

OVR: 0
Shot Meter Inaccurate Online?

when i use the meter online and my shot is almost perfect it never goes in..........thats been messing with my shots so much because i pay attention to it to much and its never accuruate..my shots are yellow and almost right in the middle......so ive turned off the meter and now i noticed how much more accurate ive been lately.....that meter is a huge distraction..anybody else feel the same way?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2014, 08:48 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Shot Meter Inaccurate Online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuSHeD OuT860
when i use the meter online and my shot is almost perfect it never goes in..........thats been messing with my shots so much because i pay attention to it to much and its never accuruate..my shots are yellow and almost right in the middle......so ive turned off the meter and now i noticed how much more accurate ive been lately.....that meter is a huge distraction..anybody else feel the same way?
Are u talking about mypark? if so same for me. im like in the 90s in my shooting. i took about 6 shots in park over like 3 games went 1/6, 0/6, 0/6. According to the shot meter i was spot on every time but i kept missing.
Old 11-07-2014, 11:31 AM   #3
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

The meter is only there for feedback. It's a way for you to learn where the release point is on a particular player's shot. You'll always be much better off watching the jumpshot animation, trying to release the ball at the top of the shot, and then glancing down at the meter afterwards to see how close you got to perfect. If you're watching the meter go up during the shot, and trying to time your releases that way, you're not going to shoot as well.
Old 11-07-2014, 11:32 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
I made a youtube video showing people how to turn off the shot meter online because I got tired of playing with dudes who were like "I swear it was right on the line!!!" every time they shot.

Naw bro, it wasn't right on the line, you clanked it off the front of the rim because you were too busy staring at your feet to notice you let the ball go 2 minutes after you started the shot.
Old 11-07-2014, 11:45 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nry20
I made a youtube video showing people how to turn off the shot meter online because I got tired of playing with dudes who were like "I swear it was right on the line!!!" every time they shot.

Naw bro, it wasn't right on the line, you clanked it off the front of the rim because you were too busy staring at your feet to notice you let the ball go 2 minutes after you started the shot.
So what is the problem if ur actually 100% on spot yet u miss? Also whats your yt?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2014, 01:13 PM   #6
Banned

KuSHeD OuT860's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
The meter is only there for feedback. It's a way for you to learn where the release point is on a particular player's shot. You'll always be much better off watching the jumpshot animation, trying to release the ball at the top of the shot, and then glancing down at the meter afterwards to see how close you got to perfect. If you're watching the meter go up during the shot, and trying to time your releases that way, you're not going to shoot as well.
maybe i didnt explain things right.....i do watch my player release the ball but after my shot i look at meter and its barely just missing the line so i try to shoot the ball slightly longer to make the shot but it ends up being a air ball........the shot meter ****s with me because it keeps showing it as im slightly early but i was not even early at all..i was late....its in accurate..and turning off the shot meter got me shooting way better...ive NEVER been a bad shooter in 2k so the shot meter has been messing with my game
Old 11-07-2014, 02:15 PM   #7
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
maybe i didnt explain things right.....i do watch my player release the ball but after my shot i look at meter and its barely just missing the line so i try to shoot the ball slightly longer to make the shot but it ends up being a air ball........the shot meter ****s with me because it keeps showing it as im slightly early but i was not even early at all..i was late....its in accurate..and turning off the shot meter got me shooting way better...ive NEVER been a bad shooter in 2k so the shot meter has been messing with my game
Haven't experienced that problem before. I've just seen so many people complaining about not being able to time the meter correctly that that's what I assumed you were talking about. Yeah, if the meter is giving you bad feedback, then just ignore it and keep focusing on the shot animation.
Old 11-07-2014, 03:05 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
I think im having the same problem for me im spot on according to the shot meter and i get slightly early A+ but i cant make shots. im in the 90s in shooting and im prob shooting 10% in park all open shots slightly early A+.

I have a theory dunno if it makes sense tho anyways. Due to the input lag i think were holding it to long even tho the shot meter says were on point. So theres a delay before the meter actually starts to fill up. which could mean were shooting to late even tho it shows we are on point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »