Home

Shot meter is broken

This is a discussion on Shot meter is broken within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2014, 12:45 PM   #17
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Shot meter is broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookid
I have no issues with hitting shots and get my fair share of perfect releases. I just don't like how the game lies.

It shouldn't label a shot slightly early or slightly late if it wasn't. Even with the meter off. It should just be like last year. Excellent release and if it misses, it misses.

However, it is quite satisfying yo get that green lettering and know that shot is falling. They should've just made it possible to get a perfect release every time unless you are contested or late contested (without Dead Eye).

2k simply overestimated player's ability to get a perfect release often.
I kind of like the way it is. There are times in real life when as soon as you let it go, you know it's in. I think getting the green sort of replicates that feeling. Anything that gets closer to the actual feeling of a shot in real life.
Old 11-07-2014, 12:48 PM   #18
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Agreed Poop, That's the one thing I do miss about the meter after turning it off....seeing that green flash and knowing it's money, lol
Old 11-07-2014, 01:02 PM   #19
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSav
From what I'm seeing try to disable the shot meter. I am just like you, stare at their feet and trying to get it on the middle mark. When I get home I'm going to disable the shot meter and try to release the ball at the top of my shot I'll tell you how that goes.
You don't have to turn the meter off to do that. Just watch the animation during the shot, and glance at the meter afterwards to see how close you got. It seems like people are treating the meter like it's a different shooting mode. It's just a way of giving you feedback on how close you were to getting a perfect release. Watch the shot animation, and use the feedback from the meter to help you dial in the release point.
Old 11-07-2014, 01:41 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquash
Wouldn't call the Shot meter broken but it doesn't even matter because even on HOF SIM.. I'm playing people who just chuck the ball up from 3 especially with Harden and easy $$.. Not to mention contested shots still go in
A friend of mines spams threes with the meter. He continually pulls up from about 3 or 4 feet behind the arc.
Old 11-07-2014, 02:17 PM   #21
Banned

KuSHeD OuT860's Arena

OVR: 0

i turned off the shot meter..it been ****ing with my game.......i shoot alot better without it....its not for everybody i guess
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »