Home

no offense to you guys but this community is a joke

This is a discussion on no offense to you guys but this community is a joke within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2014, 10:38 AM   #9
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: no offense to you guys but this community is a joke

I primarily play All Star Team Up with 2-3 friends and randoms ... here's what I've seen. The majority (40-50%) are your average player. They are sometimes slow in seeing the extra pass, don't always make the smartest plays, and sometimes get caught playing a little too much iso ball, but for the most part, they play defense on their man, they're willing to play team ball, and are enjoyable enough to play with.

After that, you have about 5-10% who just don't know what they're doing. Just flat out look like they don't even know all of the controls. Whether it's because there's a little kid at the controls, someone who is new to 2K/basketball in general, or someone who is just intentionally trying to be an idiot, they are just a mess out there.

Then you have your 15-20% that are just flat out ball hogs. Either they shoot the ball as soon as you throw it to them, won't give it up when they have the PG, or worse yet, they stand in front of the ball handler constantly calling for the ball the whole possession. The only time these guys are interested in passing the ball is when the defender makes them pick up their dribble and they're forced to finally pass to someone. Other than that, they feel they have the green light on offense.

And finally, you have your 15-20% that are the cream-of-the-crop. These are guys who are clearly veteran 2K players. They feed the post, make extra passes to open shooters, throw alley oops when they are actually called for, read what defenses are doing instead of forcing the ball into the lane, and play good on-ball and help-side defense. You get 2 of these guys on your team, you're coming away with a W.

Pretty sure the math doesn't totally work out above haha, but I'm just painting a vague picture of what I've seen playing that mode. However, I always play with anywhere from 2-4 friends who are good players, so that may make my experience a little different from those who are playing solo with all randoms.

In short, from my experience, most people I see are good-to-average players. But man, just 1 or 2 of the bad ones can sure ruin an otherwise good game.
Old 11-10-2014, 10:45 AM   #10
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

This is just as prevalent in the park, and is the main reason I only run with a squad in the Rec. Center. Considering the stuff I see random people do in the park, I can only imagine how it is in the Rec. With randoms.

The sad thing is that the cheesiest people think they are good because they get matched up with a guy who doesn't know how to deal with the cheese, so they drop 15 on their own.

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 11-10-2014, 11:35 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 0

Thread title is misleading. Thought you meant the OS community.

Also, why do you even respond to trolls, morons or dudes who can't handle a loss? You're just stooping to their level. I think it's funny when payers have a panic attack over video games. Just ignore him.

This is beside the fact that one idiot doesn't represent the entire community. There are plenty of us, like myself, that look to be cool and enjoy the game.

I have to agree about the cheesing though. Rec center and the park is full of dudes who just don't know how to play forcing everything in the paint and trying to ISO and dunk. Even some popular YouTubers. All they want to do is posterize constantly. It's so bad it makes me hate dunking.
Old 11-10-2014, 11:44 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 19

sounds like alot of pick up basketball games at the park or gym!!!
why would on line be any different than in in real life.....folks wanted sim, well here it is.
Old 11-10-2014, 11:53 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

misleading thread, but I understand your anger. But I do believe they have a mute and block button please do not slaughter the rest of the players good name. Other than that you're fine.

-L Sav
Old 11-10-2014, 12:17 PM   #14
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

And again OS is not the place to post your personal rants
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »