Home

Secret to shooting in MyPark?

This is a discussion on Secret to shooting in MyPark? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2014, 11:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0

Shot meter is really inaccurate, not making spot on shots, making red shots etc. Tried without it shooting normally, slower, faster. Nothing seem to work, yet i see people raining threes all day. So what is the secret to shooting in MyPark?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2014, 11:58 PM   #2
Rookie

NicVirtue's Arena

Re: Secret to shooting in MyPark?

What works for me personally is keeping shot meter on just for a reference to know how late or early I was. 90% of the time I get slightly late where there's pretty much no space between the white line and yellow bar. I don't hot every 2 or 3 I take, and have missed wide open ones, and made ones that were contested and off balance. So other than an excellent release the I get maybe 40% of the time, my shot go in depending on where I am, how long I been standing there, my release and traffic I'm shooting in. Sometimes I make 80% of my shots, and other times I couldn't hit water if I fell in an ocean..
Old 11-11-2014, 12:28 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicVirtue
What works for me personally is keeping shot meter on just for a reference to know how late or early I was. 90% of the time I get slightly late where there's pretty much no space between the white line and yellow bar. I don't hot every 2 or 3 I take, and have missed wide open ones, and made ones that were contested and off balance. So other than an excellent release the I get maybe 40% of the time, my shot go in depending on where I am, how long I been standing there, my release and traffic I'm shooting in. Sometimes I make 80% of my shots, and other times I couldn't hit water if I fell in an ocean..
The shot meter is so inaccurate for me, a so close to perfect as possible shot(according to meter) have never gone in, i manage to make 2 red shots in a row, it aint workin right.
Old 11-11-2014, 04:14 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 4

The old pull and pray works best.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:40 AM   #5
Rookie

Can i trust the shot feedback? Or is it as inaccurate as the meter? If i can trust it, how do i get that **** to work, i have it on "on" in both main menu settings and my player settings, aint workin tho.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2014, 06:53 PM   #6
Rookie

NicVirtue's Arena

Shot feedback is just there to let you know whether or not you took a good shot selection. The only thing that lets you know for sure that your shot is going in is if that meter lights up green.
Old 11-11-2014, 11:46 PM   #7
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Best answer that I have found is to watch the jumpshot animation. I use the D. Rose jumper and I have got it down to a science of when to release based on feel, look, and the hand snap motion. The timing is different due to input lag, but after a warm up game I become very consistent with it.

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 11-12-2014, 12:19 AM   #8
Rookie

ItsJustaGame's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonWuan
The old pull and pray works best.
Unfortunately, I have to agree with this too. The lag is atrocious and the shot meter is completely off. To make matters worse, the lag varies from game to game--or at least it has for me. The lag from the defenders even plays into it when you're in that window between being open and guarded.

In MyCareer I'm literally guaranteed on an open shot using Jordan's jumper, maybe one miss every 20-30 (keep in mind I mean OPEN). And I know I'm not the only one.
Coffee_RoCK
The Next Level
PS4

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »