Home

Over one month after release: How good is NBA 2k15 in your Opinion?

This is a discussion on Over one month after release: How good is NBA 2k15 in your Opinion? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2014, 07:00 PM   #73
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Over one month after release: How good is NBA 2k15 in your Opinion?

I'm still enjoying the game. But I have to admit that my enthusiasm has waned a bit. I have to force myself to finish games now, which has never been a problem for me. I guess it's a combination of my familiarity with the series, waiting on this patch and the lack of emotion in the game. Not to mention the million little things that don't mean much individually, but they add up over time. I'm just not sucked in like I was before.

I love MyLeague, but some of the changes just don't work for me. I liked the NBA today hub, and with it gone now it only calls more attention to the lack of a halftime or weekly show to keep up with what's going on. Ernie and Shaq's segments are a disappointment, honestly. It' just load fodder. It's nice, but it provides little substance. Then on top of that, the stat overlays don't work properly! The draft classes are improved but they are still a bit wonky. I'm seeing 4 or 5 players rated anywhere from 77 to 81 overall as rookies, this with the Draft Class Quality slider set at 0. Parker and Wiggins are consider generational prospects, yet they didn't even come in that high. This shouldn't be happening at 0. There are far too many 7' and taller players in the classes; too many players are rocking that Shumpert hightop; and there's a glitch where either the player face model or hair is screwed up and the player looks like a freak with a "hair headband". He went number 1 overall in MyLeague. Little stuff like that just kills it for me.

I decided to do a EuroLeague while waiting on the patch and I realized that those rosters, too, are pretty screwy. Everything from player vitals to tendencies are just wrong. To this point, NBA 2K15 has been like death by a thousand cuts. Hopefully the patch changes things, whenever it comes...
Old 11-23-2014, 06:03 AM   #74
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Over one month after release: How good is NBA 2k15 in your Opinion?

Probably an 8/10. There are a lot of issues right now, too many to name. Hopefully the first gameplay patch will address these issues, but i'm not optimistic about it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »