Home

Pacers (Online Quick Match Opinions)

This is a discussion on Pacers (Online Quick Match Opinions) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2014, 04:53 AM   #1
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm just looking for opinions about the Pacers in online quick matches for the next generation consoles. Currently, I still have the old generation console, but I'm getting my xbox one next week. I've been playing with the Pacers online, and I'm actually surprised that I win a good chunk of my games with them since the injury update (9-2 record) using smart basketball.

Are the Pacers a pretty solid team to use online, and are they a tough team to play against for those that do play against the Pacers in the online quick match?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2014, 12:40 PM   #2
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I'm just looking for opinions about the Pacers in online quick matches for the next generation consoles. Currently, I still have the old generation console, but I'm getting my xbox one next week. I've been playing with the Pacers online, and I'm actually surprised that I win a good chunk of my games with them since the injury update (9-2 record) using smart basketball.

Are the Pacers a pretty solid team to use online, and are they a tough team to play against for those that do play against the Pacers in the online quick match?
I basically use the Pacers as my MyTeam squad. It's pretty much like quick match and pretty much like it always has been. Pacers are sensitive to the type of defense you'll see in that arena making them less reliable as shooters.

I've used the squad primarily before the update to Sloan and Copeland (and without George, West or Hill) and was able to win vs users in MyTeam and on 12 min HOF Sim as well and have almost finished learning how to win with them vs the HOF Sim CPU.

I'm heavy user of Sloan and Stuckey at this point out of a high pick and roll option to get to the rim until I learn more options.

The biggest problem I have is scoring in the post with my back to the basket, still not sure what I'm doing in there and the lack of consistent 3 point shooting.

Typically, the shooting releases are the main problem with guys like Miles for example, have to set then shoot instead of being ready to shoot when they catch or just having slow releases in general. This just allows online guys to get to you to contest.

I haven't checked in since the update to Scola's shot release but it was pretty late before it was updated.

Defense they are weaker at the small forward. Guys tend to bobble the ball instead of rebound, save the ball to the other team and miss free throws when you need them. It's pretty much the same stuff I'm used to online.

Rebounding, you can expect to get killed on the offensive glass but you won't turn it over as much.

I'm typically a below 500 player in quick match and get stronger as the year goes on and less than 500 against guys in league play who really know how to play.

My guess is no one sees the Pacers as a quick match opponent any more. It's just you and me pal lol!

If you broadcast to twitch would love to see you play sometime.

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.

Last edited by Coach2K; 11-13-2014 at 03:46 PM.
Old 11-13-2014, 06:13 PM   #3
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Re: Pacers (Online Quick Match Opinions)

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.Coach2K.com
I basically use the Pacers as my MyTeam squad. It's pretty much like quick match and pretty much like it always has been. Pacers are sensitive to the type of defense you'll see in that arena making them less reliable as shooters.

I've used the squad primarily before the update to Sloan and Copeland (and without George, West or Hill) and was able to win vs users in MyTeam and on 12 min HOF Sim as well and have almost finished learning how to win with them vs the HOF Sim CPU.

I'm heavy user of Sloan and Stuckey at this point out of a high pick and roll option to get to the rim until I learn more options.

The biggest problem I have is scoring in the post with my back to the basket, still not sure what I'm doing in there and the lack of consistent 3 point shooting.

Typically, the shooting releases are the main problem with guys like Miles for example, have to set then shoot instead of being ready to shoot when they catch or just having slow releases in general. This just allows online guys to get to you to contest.

I haven't checked in since the update to Scola's shot release but it was pretty late before it was updated.

Defense they are weaker at the small forward. Guys tend to bobble the ball instead of rebound, save the ball to the other team and miss free throws when you need them. It's pretty much the same stuff I'm used to online.

Rebounding, you can expect to get killed on the offensive glass but you won't turn it over as much.

I'm typically a below 500 player in quick match and get stronger as the year goes on and less than 500 against guys in league play who really know how to play.

My guess is no one sees the Pacers as a quick match opponent any more. It's just you and me pal lol!

Lol. Thanks for the input. On current gen, I've basically turned them into a pretty balanced team by playing to their individual ratings. George Hill is still available, so I start him at the PG. From there, is Stuckey, Copeland, Scola, and Hibbert. I use a complete five man substitution, so it's Sloan, Miles, Hill, Mahinmi, and Whittington. Most games, four of my starters are in double digits.

When I go next gen, I'll stream some games. The Cavs are really the only team that give me fits, because they have too much offensive firepower and signature skills then there's Lebron.

Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 11-13-2014 at 06:17 PM.
Old 11-14-2014, 03:08 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 9

I havent really played online in 2k15 but its pacers all the way for me as well always has always will! add me on Xbox my gt is killer miller31

PS4 Fifa 15 USA FUT Indy Lazer Cats

PS4 Madden 15 Indianapolis Colts MUT Raw Dawgs

PS4 MLB The Show 14 Chicago Cubs

PS4 NBA 2k15 Indiana Pacers MyTEAM Indy Lazer Cats

PS4 NBA Live 15 Indiana Pacers LUT Indy Lazer Cats
Old 03-12-2015, 03:52 PM   #5
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.Coach2K.com

This paragraph pretty much sums up my experience with the Pacers in online quick matches.

Terrible shooting team no matter how open you are and how well you know the shooting releases. It's VERY hard to get green releases with any one player consistently. I find that I shoot the best Rudez than any other player on the team.

They recover slow on defense, and the defenses close out on them too quickly due to too many slow catch animations, bobbling, or broken releases.

Generally, they have a lot of unforced turnovers like loose ball fouls or shooting airballs. I had a game where Hibbert actually hooked a shot that went towards the 3PT line.

They're easily blocked in the paint on layup attempts without getting fouls.

They RARELY get calls when they get mugged in the paint, but they foul the other team at a pretty high rate. For the most part, it's nearly always a shooting foul or And1.

Hibbert is so damn soft in the paint when it comes to offense AND defense. He's easily the most frustrating player on the team, and there were many moments of disbelief at some of things he'll do and won't do

Very low defensive IQ in general. Too much rotating off shooters and rarely intercept passes in the passing lane whether or not you're manually controlling the player. Hell, it's rare if you ever get the "have eyes in the back of their head" steal that the AI is famous for.

For whatever reason, there seems to be a lot of deflections, tips, and saves that play more into your opponents' favor then yourself.

The team rebounds at a very poor rate and would rather play volleyball instead of just grabbing the damn ball.

The team is easily affected by the artificial comeback logic in the game, if you believe in that. It's NOT uncommon to have a quarter where you shoot under 30%.

For whatever reason, teams can hit contested and challenged shots on this team at a pretty high rate. I'm not sure if it's just the game or this team.

To win games, you have to play perfect basketball and hope for some luck, because basketball knowledge and stick skills won't be enough. Without Paul George and their low number of badges, the Pacers are a serious challenge to use online.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2015, 04:01 PM   #6
Rookie

ricardo.13's Arena

OVR: 1

You choose Pacers and everybody on Quick Match like Cleveland, Warriors, Thunder and Houston. LOL
Online on NBA 2k15 lag sucks (i have more than 100 games on Quick Match) , 2k14 was good.

Last edited by ricardo.13; 03-12-2015 at 04:03 PM.
Old 03-13-2015, 01:05 AM   #7
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

You gotta really play well to complete with the Pacers online because they don't really have a go to player. If you can get Hill and West going and get some bench scoring you have a chance. Scola, Stucky, Watson and Miles are my x factors when I play with the Pacers.
Old 03-14-2015, 02:25 AM   #8
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76

I just got a PS4 about 2 weeks ago, and while I don't play online I can tell you the gameplay on the PS4 is so much better than the PS3 was, and Im sure its the same with the xbox1. Not that gameplay was bad on the old gen this yr,it was actually imo the best its ever been.

Not sure if your someone like me who plays Association mode offline any, but if you do it will amaze you how improved it is. They really revamped Association mode, now called My League, its like night an day.

Hopefully The Pacers get PG back soon for them, and for you Pacers online gamers. I only use the Pacers offline, and don't play online, but I keep my Association mode true to real life, and the Pacers with all the injuries this yr are not easy to win with, its a challenge for rue just like its been for them IRL this season. Although we are starting to look pretty darn good now that most are back healthy. PG gets back and isn't to rusty, we should be able to make some noise once again in the playoffs, and wont be a easy out.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »