Home

Played a PRO/DEFAULT offline vs game.

This is a discussion on Played a PRO/DEFAULT offline vs game. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2014, 09:45 AM   #1
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Played a PRO/DEFAULT offline vs game.

Haven't done that in a while. Is it me, or is the game on this setting THAT much less satisfying that AS/SIM?

I just feel like the outcomes were more random and less about the basketball decisions. Frankly, it felt gross. Or is it fine and I just like AS/SIM that much more? Meaning, are people happy with just the default settings? If you are, I'm not implying that you aren't a sim player, or that you suck. Far from it. I just want to know if that is fun to people.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2014, 09:54 AM   #2
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Played a PRO/DEFAULT offline vs game.

I agree. Anytime I play on pro I put the on casual and increase game speed though for fun .

Hardcore I play superstar sim with default speed
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 11-13-2014, 10:05 AM   #3
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Since I've been experimenting with both Rookie and Pro...

What I do think you see is the AI open up more, and do more things because they aren't as restricted. You see guys like LeBron pretty aggressive and while you can run and gun a bit, you still get the miss dunks animations and other things. Its alot of fun, and if you want to make a mix, use those settings.

I also think some guys need to tone it down to that anyway because they clearly arent ready for the higher levels.

You also can still run plays and freestyle POE. The only other thing is it gets easy quick but at that point the sliders are a must if you don't want to kill the cpu.

Im going to tone it down to pro when i get to the all star game in my league and just have a ton of fun.

Normally im just SS sim and AS sim
Old 11-13-2014, 10:23 AM   #4
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14

yeah, i'm at that point where i'm getting frustrated with Superstar and I'm experimenting with other settings. on
Superstar I can be competitive and can win a fair amount of games, but it was becoming clear to me that the CPU cheese is alive and well on Superstar difficulty.

On Superstar I was seeing the same pattern over an over - basically, the CPU runs a play or isolates and tries to get a good shot. if that fails, they will jack up a contested fade-away shot at the end of the shot clock and usually make it, even with the defense draped all over them. Then, I'll come down dish it off to a wide open shooter and brick the shot.

on Superstar the CPU is just not held to the same standard as the user, and that gets annoying. They are allowed to make more contested shots in order to stay in the game. Basically, the CPU is not smart enough to get enough open shots, so in order to keep them in the game, they have to hit a lot of contested hail-Mary jumpers at the end of the shot clock…otherwise you'd just blow them out every game. I guess I'm fine with this, but on Superstar the rate at which they hit these shots is a bit too high.

Last night I played a game that basically turned me off of Superstar difficulty. I was up by 2 points, the Pelicans had the ball…they try to run a play, but I prevent them from getting any open looks…so Tyreke Evans is forced to heave a contested jumper at the buzzer - he hits it to send the game to overtime. At the end of the first overtime, the same thing happens. I have the lead, the CPU has the ball...I stop the CPU's plays and they don't get a good look, so they heave another contested shot at the buzzer…they make it and send it to a second overtime. at the end of the second over time…same thing. I'm up by one point. They try a play and get nothing. Tyreke Evans has the ball. I know he's going to jack up a jumper at the buzzer so I bring my center over to DOUBLE TEAM Evans on the jumper. He heaves a shot at the buzzer while being contested by 2 DEFENDERS, one of them being my CENTER. he hits the shot at the buzzer to win the game….

bye bye Superstar. no more.

Last edited by blues rocker; 11-13-2014 at 10:38 AM.
Old 11-13-2014, 10:34 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

I started out on Pro because I haven't played 2K in a few years. I lost my first game as the Spurs vs Dallas, but I've ran off 9 wins in a row all by double digits since.

I've been modifying the sliders, but I'm about to brave the world of All Star difficulty soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2014, 11:35 AM   #6
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

If you're killing PRO, I wouldn't bother with sliders, personally. I'd take a swing at AS just to see where you are. I'm NOT messing around with SS. Sports games aren't to the point where those can be done in a way I'd want the challenge. I want to be challenged mentally instead of basing it on how much twitch I'm good at or what cheese I find.

The game I had yesterday was certainly fun. There was just a disconnect when I actually tried to use some nominal amount of basketball strategy. I guess the best way to describe what I felt was that feeling when you're playing Street Fighter, but you're winning by just spamming punch/kick...
Old 11-13-2014, 11:37 AM   #7
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Playing around with allstar casual and increase game speed game is fun.

I know sim heads are shaking their heads at me
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 11-13-2014, 11:52 AM   #8
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Playing around with allstar casual and increase game speed game is fun.
Live from the SimHeads Center :

Spoiler

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »