Home

Game to game variance.

This is a discussion on Game to game variance. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2014, 07:36 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Game to game variance.

Guys, like most sports games you can really enhance this one by using custom rosters and sliders. If you're on PS4 I would recommend tim smooths roster and armor and swords sliders. If you consider yourself to be pretty good at this game you may want to start on All Star difficulty level on the sliders. Armor suggests Pro though. Either way you'll see the AI run an offense, take lots of 3's, etc. You will also have to consider your defensive matchups and all other coaching settings.
Old 11-17-2014, 07:43 AM   #18
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bungle 34
Guys, like most sports games you can really enhance this one by using custom rosters and sliders. If you're on PS4 I would recommend tim smooths roster and armor and swords sliders. If you consider yourself to be pretty good at this game you may want to start on All Star difficulty level on the sliders. Armor suggests Pro though. Either way you'll see the AI run an offense, take lots of 3's, etc. You will also have to consider your defensive matchups and all other coaching settings.
What if your the type of player that doesn't like to mess with sliders and long for the days of 2k11 where I just used what came with the game.

I play mostly NBA today games and there is absolutely no variance. I have yet to see end game scores around the 90's.

Although seeing 24 screens show promise....I think the devs tinker with the game modes which is why I'm seeing different experiences from people...like I said I never seen an end game around the 90's whenever I play NBA today games but it might be a different experience in other modes....

I need to venture the other modes other than my career and NBA today games.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:43 AM   #19
Just started!

OVR: 0

What difficulty are you guys playing on ? The CPU could be more aggressive with 3 point shots Sliders might help though
Old 11-17-2014, 02:33 PM   #20
Banned

Klayups's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
What if your the type of player that doesn't like to mess with sliders and long for the days of 2k11 where I just used what came with the game.

I play mostly NBA today games and there is absolutely no variance. I have yet to see end game scores around the 90's.

Although seeing 24 screens show promise....I think the devs tinker with the game modes which is why I'm seeing different experiences from people...like I said I never seen an end game around the 90's whenever I play NBA today games but it might be a different experience in other modes....

I need to venture the other modes other than my career and NBA today games.
Yea man, this is what i was talking about with the OP.

Every game feels the same but 24's screens give me hope.

I really hate messing with sliders because all that really does is globally change certain things, however it's not going to really give a truly different experiences game to game, vs the computer.
Old 11-17-2014, 10:50 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

It will take you 15 minutes max to download the roster and input the sliders. It's worth trying. The tendencies of all players and the coaching sliders for all teams have been reworked to offer a better playing experience.Teams will not just dribble and shoot from the foul line area every possession as someone commented earlier. In a 48 minute game CPU will take many 3's sometimes attempting as many 20-25 (depending on the teams play style and roster.) They still P&R, post, etc. Games vary greatly, you may lose to a lesser team, blow out a top team, it's just different from game to game. Match ups are very important. I used to be like you and not want to deal with sliders but they make a worlds difference. Very few of the sliders actually changed much in the set I use. Just adjust the general difficulty setting to your liking (pro, all star, etc). I'm not the maker of the rosters or the sliders, just thought maybe I could help you out.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »