Home

The bumpback animation. Your thoughts?

This is a discussion on The bumpback animation. Your thoughts? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2014, 03:25 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: The bumpback animation. Your thoughts?

If it was more realistic I would be fine!

It happens too many times when the defender is beat yet the animation kicks in and the defender will slide into the bumping animation.

In real life that is a fouls!

If the defender bump the dribbler from the side or in front cool but too often I see the defender catching up because of the bumping animation and hockey check the ball handler.

Not to mention the (ghost defender) bumping animation that happens for no reason to allow the CPU to catch up.

Last edited by keshunleon; 11-17-2014 at 03:32 PM.
Old 11-17-2014, 03:35 PM   #18
The Answer

Dmanning2's Arena

OVR: 0

It's fine, I just hate when I have a speedy PG (Rose Westbrook Wall) and get "bumpback" by a center with slow lateral quickness (Duncan Dirk ect) .
Old 11-17-2014, 05:36 PM   #19
Pro

chunt04's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
-Hate the fastbreak catch from behind hip ride to stop animation. It is clearly a foul and just so unrealistic
-Hate the defense bumpback animation to allow players to "win" the animation while performing moves in close proximity. That is the reason I am in your face so you can't perform certain moves without a penalty.
-We still have some Mario running where contact should have occurred. We need more contact points and contact that triggers contact layups after initial contact. They need to motion capture many more contextual contact layups or introduce more physics. I think they will go motion capture route.

2K11 prior to patch was one of the worst because it had mirroring on ball defense and that bump back animation. Post patch was much better.
Try reducing the hustle slider to between 30-40 and see how much the fast break opens up. It greatly reduces the big men catching guards on the fast break.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

VT Grad '08
Old 11-17-2014, 06:04 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
That's a blantant textbook foul. I'm not sure why it's in the game if it's never called.
Clear Path foul. involves a tech free throw and you retain the ball. I do hate the cpu's protective bubble, but if i come at them at just the right angle i can swat it.

PG: CP3, John Wall, Kyrie
SG:Klay Thompson, D.Wade, Kobe
SF: LBJ, Melo, PGeorge
PF: Blake, Aldridge, Duncan
C: '06 Shaq, Cousins, Bosh
Old 11-17-2014, 07:37 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

i have never seen the computer get into that bump back animation. its always me. the cpu always gets the and one contact animation and i get the kicked in the stomach bump back animation and get a 3 second in the paint called on me. its way to long of a animation. if you got hit that hard i would be a foul on the defender. it needs to be shortened or removed. i have never seen a nba player do that. they either fall, or just bounce back and a call is made.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2014, 08:49 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Near5253
Clear Path foul. involves a tech free throw and you retain the ball. I do hate the cpu's protective bubble, but if i come at them at just the right angle i can swat it.

Oh I'm talking about the bump in the back as you're finishing at the rim. Not a clear path as much as a shooting foul. Happens to Bogut all the time. Especially infuriating when it's actually how he screwed up his elbow.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:04 PM   #23
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
And they turn into Mario once he gets the star.
Hmm. Kind of like this?

Haha...anyways I agree with pretty much everything that's been said in this thread. More of these need to be fouls, especially the ones at full speed on fast breaks.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:46 PM   #24
Rookie

a bunch of animations need to be removed or revamped. i have no control of my player.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »