Home

Poll: What is most important to you in an up-to-date roster?

This is a discussion on Poll: What is most important to you in an up-to-date roster? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2014, 03:00 PM   #9
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Poll: What is most important to you in an up-to-date roster?

Depends how I look at it. I would say art updates (hair, tatts, bodies, jerseys, accessory color assignment), unlocking hidden players, i.e. things I unfortunately cant change on my own.

If I exclude those things since theyre only based on that reasoning, I'd say rotations and accessories are the most important in a DAILY update as those are the only things that change on a DAILY basis. I'd even be ok with attributes and tendencies being updated once a month if they were huge, all inclusive updates. I don't believe in making changes based on a game or 4 or 8, these are streaks. But a month's worth of games is closer to being trends. A player can shoot 34% or he can shoot 43% over the course of a week with a 79 3pt rating. But he cannot maintain 40+% with a 79 rating, so if that's what he's doing over 15 real life games, then that deserves a slight bump.

However overall, tendencies are the most important thing to me as they are the aspect of the game I spend the most time on in my editing process. In my 20ish years of playing basketball games and editing rosters (however limited NBA Shootout might have been), the most important thing to me has been achieving accurate stats and realistic gameplay. I spend months testing simulation stats in Association (now MyLeague).

So basically I think the best way to answer the question would be to say if I could have ONE thing be so on point in an Official Roster that I don't even have to touch it, it would be 1A-Tendencies, 1B- Attributes.

Buuuut I still ended up voting faces/body #1 as I can't change those on my own. For people who don't enjoy editing rosters as much as I do (and there are certainly not many) I expect to have different priorites.

PSN: MiiikeMarsh

Last edited by Mikelopedia; 11-19-2014 at 03:06 PM.
Old 11-19-2014, 11:42 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Poll: What is most important to you in an up-to-date roster?

Nothing is important ...just give me the full roster to play with online. It doesn't matter if Durant is injured...let me play him against full roster of another team. This BS updating not allowing you to play your favorite player is just dumb. If Durant is out for the entire year....basically the Thunder team is crippled online. And to think Durant is the cover boy of the game and not able to use him is a joke.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »