Home

Tips on Getting a Green Release in NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Mode

This is a discussion on Tips on Getting a Green Release in NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Mode within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2014, 01:28 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Tips on Getting a Green Release in NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by luda06
I'm inclined to say this aspect of the game is indeed "broken". We're about a month in since launch day, and I've yet to achieve a perfect timing (beyond close range) with certain players on Superstar or HOF difficulties.

The Cavs appear to be one of the better teams if not the best team to use online, simply because Irving and LeBron's shot releases are relatively easy compared to the rest of the league.

The variance in shot timings for players is nothing new. However, there shouldn't be variance between perfect timing for close range shots and shots outside of 10 feet. It's a bit confusing to say the least.
But I've gotten perfect though. There are a lot of other games that are not my strong suits where there are things im not good at but others are. My response isn't, well it must be broke. That's the new crutch for gamers now
Old 11-22-2014, 02:00 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
But I've gotten perfect though. There are a lot of other games that are not my strong suits where there are things im not good at but others are. My response isn't, well it must be broke. That's the new crutch for gamers now
Than you must be the only guy getting green releases with the listed broken shots. I dont understand why people defend developers or 2k. You dont make money off this game for your time..if you have nothing to offer as help what are you doing here?

Put some points on the board maybe well cheer for you.
Old 11-22-2014, 02:01 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 0

What's so hard to believe that shots are broken for some players. We all sat in practice mode chucking up shots & playing other modes for hours. Everybody has said to themselves why can't I get a green release with this guy. Then you read a few posts on forums that say they can't get a perfect release with the same guy. I can understand if it was just one person, but when you see a name like Kyle Korver popping up from numerous people, you got to start thinking something isn't right with the shot animation. I doubt 2k would make a players shot so difficult that no one can use it on purpose. Especially when they added the shot meter, which shows the line where the release point is. But, when you combine certain shooting forms with certain bases, the release point doesn't register with the shot meter, so it's broken.

If you don't believe it, prove us wrong, post a vid getting green releases on SS/HOF with one of the mention players with a broken jumper.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2014, 02:12 PM   #52
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
Share the video and I'll believe you. This is how we can get down to the root of an issue. Comparing results, because... as of right now I believe your observations may be in the minority. Your attitude is mostly counter-productive ATM.
Old 11-22-2014, 02:25 PM   #53
Banned

madmax52277's Arena

Are we talking about making shot's are hitting Green's?
Missing shot's is bad slider's.
Hitting greens on hof and sstar are for the skillful players hope for a patch.

This green sh$$ feel like NBA jam!!! hate it.
Old 11-22-2014, 02:44 PM   #54
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

I hate the shot meter. My guy has 95 mid and three but for some reason it's way easier to get a green from mid. I'm releasing the same way. Also slightly late or earlier is still an A- shot for me but it misses a lot. Red releases go in for me just as much as yellow releases smh .
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 11-22-2014, 03:45 PM   #55
Banned

madmax52277's Arena

Playing on real fg% Sstar sims shot meter to turn off.
Jr,smith and melo, was missing shots but in the 4th crunch time melo couldn't miss and Jr,smith hit 2 big three's to seal the game.
Try it out play's great to me.

There's no green on me!!!

Last edited by madmax52277; 11-22-2014 at 03:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2014, 04:07 PM   #56
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
I hate the shot meter. My guy has 95 mid and three but for some reason it's way easier to get a green from mid. I'm releasing the same way. Also slightly late or earlier is still an A- shot for me but it misses a lot. Red releases go in for me just as much as yellow releases smh .
...no ****. You're closer, it should be easier.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »