Home

Where is the next Patch?

This is a discussion on Where is the next Patch? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 02:46 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Where is the next Patch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by haloofduty
No developer nowadays should take a vacation after they release a game. Every game is released with massive problems or unfinished. Looking at you Halo MCC.
OK put yourself in the devs shoes. You work on one thing for 1 entire year probably not getting many days off except for big holidays like 4th of July, Christmas, New Years' Easter depending on the game you are working on. And you work like 12-14 hours a day. Would you want a month or so break after doing all of this work? Or would you want to the next day start working a patch that will require you to work the same 12-14 hours or more to fix these issues and then have to test them etc. I think that the devs deserve a vacation especially when they complete so much work in order to make a game each year. One reason why there are not many issues with games like GTA V are because those games are put out like every 3 or 4 years. So let me ask you this: when it comes to a release how do you want it yearly like it is and have a lesser product? Or have a new game every 3 or 4 years and the game is a better product? These are some of the give and takes you have when it comes to releasing a game yearly.
Old 11-21-2014, 03:23 PM   #26
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

But if you knowingly release games with plagues of game breaking bugs then you shouldn't be rewarded with a few weeks of vacation. The guys working on Halo have been working 24/7 since launch to fix things
Old 11-21-2014, 03:32 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 5

Sorry if I sound rude but I dont care about yearly releases. I dont care about developers getting a vacation after a game releases. What I do care about is if I spend money on a product it should work correctly.

If the product I purchased is faulty why should I have to wait for the manufacturer to finish their vacation for it to be fixed.

In no way am I saying 2k is on vacation. I'm just responding to a poster.
Old 11-21-2014, 03:34 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
But if you knowingly release games with plagues of game breaking bugs then you shouldn't be rewarded with a few weeks of vacation. The guys working on Halo have been working 24/7 since launch to fix things
I understand that side of it. I was just playing devil's advocate. Gaming companies shouldn't release an incomplete game. Like NHL 15 should not have been released this year on X1 and PS4. But also they should be given some time off because they are working for the past year in order to make the game better for some. Like putting in the MyLeague mode, fixing the MyGm and VC issue, putting in the new injury and scouting systems, the new attributes that were created, the draft strength slider, etc. In some people's eye 2K15 could be a completely "new" game. To be honest it takes a ton of manpower and hours to complete these new additions and such. I am kind of surprised at how much 2K put into 2K15 that wasn't in 14. Yes there are still some issues such as the online components but as I have from others this has been an issue for awhile, some people complaining about cheese that IMO is probably just them not knowing how to play the game and knows the nuances of it, etc.
Old 11-21-2014, 03:50 PM   #29
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
OK put yourself in the devs shoes. You work on one thing for 1 entire year probably not getting many days off except for big holidays like 4th of July, Christmas, New Years' Easter depending on the game you are working on. And you work like 12-14 hours a day. Would you want a month or so break after doing all of this work? Or would you want to the next day start working a patch that will require you to work the same 12-14 hours or more to fix these issues and then have to test them etc. I think that the devs deserve a vacation especially when they complete so much work in order to make a game each year. One reason why there are not many issues with games like GTA V are because those games are put out like every 3 or 4 years. So let me ask you this: when it comes to a release how do you want it yearly like it is and have a lesser product? Or have a new game every 3 or 4 years and the game is a better product? These are some of the give and takes you have when it comes to releasing a game yearly.
I would rather have a release every few years. In the years between releases sell $20 DLC that keeps roster, courts, jerseys, etc updated
Old 11-21-2014, 04:19 PM   #30
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
highly unlikely they are working those type of hours.
Old 11-21-2014, 04:32 PM   #31
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollooff320
highly unlikely they are working those type of hours.
And how many video games have you produced with a yearly predetermined release date.
Old 11-21-2014, 04:40 PM   #32
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
And how many video games have you produced with a yearly predetermined release date.

None...but if game devs was working crazy hours like that daily all year round it would be out in the public. Also it wouldn't be a job many ppl would want to do. You think ppl would want to go into game development to work 12-14hrs a day? Hell this game should be damn near perfect with each dev working like that all day all year round don't you think?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »