Home

One of a Kind...

This is a discussion on One of a Kind... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2014, 10:48 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
One of a Kind...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B64...ew?usp=sharing

So I play myGM mode mainly as I dont like playing much anymore. I find more fun in building the team and seeing how well it plays. I used to watch a game or two a season but they ****ing ruined that for me, though I digress.

But I get to like year 5 I think(and 30th+ over numerous myGMS) and had never seen this before. If you look at your roster on my gm and possibly my league(never played it), every player has a title/label that tells you what kind of player they are as well as 3 important areas that go up to 3 stars. For instance Kevin Love is a scoring rebounding machine, some are sharpshooters or inside scorer, low post star, etc.

But I made The Greek Freak a PG like 2 years before hand so he's been building up the rest of the skills he didnt have or werent that high yet. Now he's literally ONE OF A KIND. Thats what it says.

what does this all mean? Make greek freak your backup pg/sf from the start of your career and he will be unlike anyone else. I got him there late, he could have been much faster and better in general. I can post a picture, I just dont have the game up right now. Its ****ing cool though, never thought I'd see anything like it....

Last edited by Vtownwaves; 11-26-2014 at 11:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2014, 11:01 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: One of a Kind...

It's exactly what it says. Pretty cool huh? Like, a once in a generation type player
Old 11-27-2014, 01:53 AM   #3
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

I just saw this for the first time the other day with a cpu generated player. The #1 pick was a 22 year old rookie who was 90 overall, averaged 27 ppg, 11 rpg, 4.5 apg, 3 spg, and 2 bpg. Won RoY and MVP his first year.

The next year at an insane 95-97 overall, he was listed as One of a Kind.

I have to ask, how in the world did Antetokounmpo get this good??? In maybe 4 sims I've never seen him progress past 80 or so. Did you raise his potential to 99?

I understand you moved him to PG, but there's no way it had that large of an effect. I'll also admit that I don't use the offseason camps so I don't really know how large of an effect they have, but surely they can't make role players into LeBron James?

Edit: looked harder at the screenshot. It's really hard to tell but it looks like the other players are 98-99 as well? If that's the case I'm going to guess they are all user created or the draft class slider is set to 100? I have roughly ~30 seasons of franchise completed as well and the only player I've ever seen reach 98 overall has been LeBron.

Last edited by joosegoose; 11-27-2014 at 01:57 AM.
Old 11-27-2014, 02:07 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

He's playing mygm where the user gets boosts like maxing out players potentials
Old 11-27-2014, 02:32 AM   #5
Rookie

jjggf's Arena

I know the 88-89 or 90-91 Michael Jordan has the one of a kind title but the rest have all round star
you have be real lucky to get that title
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2014, 06:17 AM   #6
Banned

Not luck, its all about training. And yes, i use the training camps, get 7 a year I think. Athleticism helped him a lot for training camps. But also during the year, I always had him at very high during the season, and I train a little more than most. I got a great assistant coach the second year and play with the bulls so thibs is amazing.

After year 2 or I got a trainer that was A+ training. I also have a bunch of the potential and player boost badges/facilities for the team/gm. My team boosts progression by like 12 or more. Have most of the season fatigue lowerers like the private jet this year but others as soon as they popped up.

But training I always tried to make him better in an area he wasnt great at. So he has a lot of 90s and even as a pg he had like 70s in rebounding. Truly one of a kind, can avg 30 ppg 10 assists and 10 rebounds(well not avg for assists and rebounds but close enough). I use him as the 2nd option though because mirotic was the first for a long time. That made him a beta dog. A created center became an alpha dog because of it.
Old 11-27-2014, 06:53 AM   #7
Just started!

It's really hard to tell but it looks like the other players are 98-99 as well
Old 11-27-2014, 08:41 AM   #8
Just started!

Has anyone else seen a player (besides generated players) become "one of a kind?"

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »