Home

Old 11-30-2014, 10:03 AM   #1
Rookie

jstadlin's Arena

OVR: 1
Long 2

I absolutely hate long 2s. The most inefficient shot in basketball, I haven't shot one in a real life game in quite a while and You would never catch me shooting one in 2k14. Never. Yet for some reason ever since release date I've been using a slider set from OS that I like a lot but it hasn't really fixed this. Anyways I've taken about 5-10 long 2s each game because my players stand with one foot on the line or step way into their shots or will camp around 6 inches in front of the 3 point line. This is killing the game for me and has turned one of my biggest strengths in effective and efficient play into a weakness. Is there any way to fix this or make my players step back behind the 3 point line? I want to shoot off the catch so I get that proper rhythm but I gotta find a way to get around this
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2014, 11:07 AM   #2
MVP

ASB37's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Long 2

I have the exact same problem. My career player is consistently shooting with a hair on the line. Its like the only way i can make sure its a three is by being way way back.

"You play to win the game."
Old 11-30-2014, 12:22 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASB37
I have the exact same problem. My career player is consistently shooting with a hair on the line. Its like the only way i can make sure its a three is by being way way back.
for mycareer: try another jumper. look at the animation. some step into their shot.
had the aldridge jumper first and had the same issue, now i have the wall jumper and i shot way more 3s.
Old 12-01-2014, 10:31 PM   #4
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

I get that the shot is inefficient just based on the distance...but points are points. I'd rather take a 3 or drive...but if I got a wide open mid, I'm cashing that. I feel like the mid range is so devalued because it's not worth 3 or not flashy, but that shouldn't be the case at all

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 12-01-2014, 11:14 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 4

Nothing pisses me off more. I flipping hate long 2s, specially when they are wide the F open.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2014, 11:48 PM   #6
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Aldridge makes a healthy living off of long 2's.
Old 12-02-2014, 08:53 AM   #7
Rookie

TheReal Kendall's Arena

I shoot long 2s and midrange in real life. Rarely shoot 3s but this is how I was taught. Inside and outside/drive for the foul or easy lay. I kinda hate how the game is being played now cause all you see is people taking 3s.
Old 12-02-2014, 11:38 AM   #8
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

The mid range jumper is a lost art, and if you look at Jordan and now Kobe...I don't think long twos are that bad lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »