Home

What Does 2K Have Against Lobbies?

This is a discussion on What Does 2K Have Against Lobbies? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2015, 11:42 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What Does 2K Have Against Lobbies?

I personally think 2K will never fix the online and the servers.I have some emails from 2K too prove my theory right.
Old 02-07-2015, 12:33 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolomite
I personally think 2K will never fix the online and the servers.I have some emails from 2K too prove my theory right.

What did they say?
Old 02-07-2015, 12:39 PM   #59
Pro

How about this:

Create a lobby where you can't see the users' records (but you can see things like DNF%)...that way nobody can cheat by playing the low rank.

The lobby users should be randomized every time you get into the lobby and the lobby hold a specific number of people...that way nobody can ask and direct their friend to the lobby.

What will this do?? This will allow people to read comments about the user and trash talkers and allow them to hook up. And if people in the lobby decided to let other users know their record, it's up to them and there should be an option for that!!
Old 02-07-2015, 01:19 PM   #60
Pro

We need Lobbies for Sim Ballers and Casual/Arcade Ballers. Onlone Quick Match is on Casual (easy dunks, shoot with regularity, turbo, and zone defense). A guy like me could benefit from the Lobbies, let it be NonRanked I could give a rat's behind what my rank is, because it's a video game and I want to have fun. My 407-2 record isn't going to carry into 2K16 so who cares.

Please bring back Lobbies, I am tired of playing a game where everyone dunks like Blake, shoots like Ray Allen, and plays defense like the 2004 Pistons lol
Old 02-07-2015, 04:24 PM   #61
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnitewaters
I mean games going away from lobbies or at least making them less custom. What games still do lobbies where you get to go through and pick opponents?
Mlb the show but theyre unranked only

Youtube
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2015, 02:08 AM   #62
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skywalker
We need Lobbies for Sim Ballers and Casual/Arcade Ballers. Onlone Quick Match is on Casual (easy dunks, shoot with regularity, turbo, and zone defense). A guy like me could benefit from the Lobbies, let it be NonRanked I could give a rat's behind what my rank is, because it's a video game and I want to have fun. My 407-2 record isn't going to carry into 2K16 so who cares.

Please bring back Lobbies, I am tired of playing a game where everyone dunks like Blake, shoots like Ray Allen, and plays defense like the 2004 Pistons lol

Well said bro
Old 02-16-2015, 01:40 AM   #63
Rookie

Is anyone aware if 2k is at all revisiting online lobbies in the future? I'm not sure what the rationale behind removing the lobbies were, but I think they should be brought back if possible. I am really only interested in quick match. I haven't even created a myplayer because I really don't have the time to put into it, plus I rather just play with the real life counterparts. But what is upsetting the most is not having a way to determine the connection quality when you do quickmatch. I'll usually cycle through the teams really fast or press circle (PS4) and toggle between quit yes or no to try and see if the connection is weak. If we can't get lobbies back, at least give us a ping display so we can determine the quality of the connection. You know, something like how they do with SF or Tekken. This way, if the connection is weak we can back out of the match before it begins.
Old 02-16-2015, 02:04 AM   #64
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpyface
Is anyone aware if 2k is at all revisiting online lobbies in the future? I'm not sure what the rationale behind removing the lobbies were, but I think they should be brought back if possible. I am really only interested in quick match. I haven't even created a myplayer because I really don't have the time to put into it, plus I rather just play with the real life counterparts. But what is upsetting the most is not having a way to determine the connection quality when you do quickmatch. I'll usually cycle through the teams really fast or press circle (PS4) and toggle between quit yes or no to try and see if the connection is weak. If we can't get lobbies back, at least give us a ping display so we can determine the quality of the connection. You know, something like how they do with SF or Tekken. This way, if the connection is weak we can back out of the match before it begins.

I remember in 2k8 you can see who had good or bad connections in lobby. That was another positive for lobbies. The good just outweighs the bad and I just dont understand why they won't bring it back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »