Home

Best team for my player?

This is a discussion on Best team for my player? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2015, 11:56 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Best team for my player?

I am a 6"9 220 shooting guard on the Pheonix suns. I play on superstar-hof. During the regular season I averaged 29 ppg, 8 apg, and 6 rbp, in the playoffs I'm averaging 48 ppg, 10 apg, and 14 rpg. Even though I'm a shooting guard I bring the ball up often, I like to have the ball in my hands as much as possible. I like for my posts to be able to finish well off pick and rolls, I hate playing with Alex Len because he barely scores unless it's off at offensive rebound. I like for most of my teammates to be able to catch and shoot, so off pick and rolls/pops or if I get double teamed they can knock down a wide open 3 or mid range. The suns allow so many offensive rebounds (my rebounds went way up in the playoffs as I had to help a lot in that aspect of the game), id like a good rebounding team as well. Good interior defense is important to me, I have to help a ton with the suns because Alex Len and the Morris brothers are weak in the paint (at least on hof they are). I will do the bulk of the scoring and assisting but I don't want it to be a huge struggle trying to get assists. What team should I play for next season? I know doc rivers comes to coach whichever team you choose so I don't want to pick a team like the spurs, hawks, bulls, etc because they already have great coaches and it wouldn't be realistic if they gave up their coach. Either conference is fine. My thoughts so far have been: Grizzlies, because they are a good defensive team, have good post players, they don't have any great scoring players so I could do the bulk of the scoring without taking away from anyone, and plus I'm from tennessee and they are one of my favorite teams. Pelicans because they are a good young team and me and Anthony Davis would tear up teams as the 2 best young players in the league, Jrue holiday is also a plus. Thunder because me westbrook and Durant would be a unreal trio, I really don't like the coach scott brooks and it would be nice to see okc finally have a good coach, thunder are one of my favorite teams if not my favorite, but a con is that playing on 6-8 minute quarters as I do westbrook and durants numbers would drop I unrealistically due to me taking a lot of the points, also it's nice having kd as a rival. Suns because I have high teammate chemistry, I'm starting to get in sync with some of the players, we have gone really far already and it's only my rookie year, Gerald green is a great teammate, cons are I got kinda pissed with the "social media scandal" with the coach yelling at me and them snoopin around in my business, sometimes shocking weak how weak the post play and finishing is, I've been drafted by them in 2k14 and 2k13 as well so I'm kinda tired of them. What do you think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2015, 10:38 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Best team for my player?

Ok I've narrowed it down to Pelicans and Grizzlies unless anyone else has any better ideas. Because I hate the suns and there's no reason for me to come back unless we win a title then it will be more difficult and westbrook and Durant are 2 of my favorite players and I want them to continue to be great and if I come they almost certainly won't have the same numbers.
Old 02-15-2015, 02:24 PM   #3
Pro

Mbunn1993's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazshepherd
Ok I've narrowed it down to Pelicans and Grizzlies unless anyone else has any better ideas. Because I hate the suns and there's no reason for me to come back unless we win a title then it will be more difficult and westbrook and Durant are 2 of my favorite players and I want them to continue to be great and if I come they almost certainly won't have the same numbers.
I'm waiting for the trade deadline to pass so I can start a career again but Ive been contemplating what team I want my SG or possibly SF on and I came down to the same two teams as you, NOL and MEM... I'm intrigued with Memphis because of Zbo and Gasol, their ability to rebound, post up and play the pick and pop game, buuut when I look at it.. Gasol is already 29 (and idk how his Free Agency plays out in this game), ZBo 33 or so, and the only other young talent to stay there for good really is Mike Conley. On the otherhand, the Pelicans.. have the future star of the league and he happens to be a big man (AD of course) so his number wouldnt be affected really and we could be a deadly duo.. Also considering the fact NOL is like the easiest team to even make as a SG on a 10 day your rookie season and can take the whole re-sign story
Old 02-15-2015, 02:42 PM   #4
Rookie

SCAxSteff's Arena

After reading the first part i was like take the hawks man they would be a pretty perfect fit with millsap and horford being quality bigs and teague and korver give you assistsall day on open shots after double teams.
When did you start your career?
If it wa not at the beginning of the season i would definitely recommend NO out of them and Memphis (ADŽs rating has been improved since then)
Like Mbunn mentioned, ZBo is pretty old and the Shooting isnt what youŽd like to have on your team.
Did you think of the clippers? Doc would stay , quality bigs and chris paul. SF might be a weak spot on that team though but if i recall it right Matt Barnes is not the worst at 3pt shooting.
And maybe Portland as another option.
Old 02-15-2015, 05:24 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbunn1993
I'm waiting for the trade deadline to pass so I can start a career again but Ive been contemplating what team I want my SG or possibly SF on and I came down to the same two teams as you, NOL and MEM... I'm intrigued with Memphis because of Zbo and Gasol, their ability to rebound, post up and play the pick and pop game, buuut when I look at it.. Gasol is already 29 (and idk how his Free Agency plays out in this game), ZBo 33 or so, and the only other young talent to stay there for good really is Mike Conley. On the otherhand, the Pelicans.. have the future star of the league and he happens to be a big man (AD of course) so his number wouldnt be affected really and we could be a deadly duo.. Also considering the fact NOL is like the easiest team to even make as a SG on a 10 day your rookie season and can take the whole re-sign story
For the grizzlies: Randolph is an 86 with great finishing and rebound ratings, Gasol is an 89 has even better finishing but below average rebounding, also Conley is an 87 and has a 89 3 pt rating as well as good finishing and passing. Other decent players on the grizzlies are Courtney lee which is a 79 with a 95 3 point shot(!!!), vince carter which is a 76 with a decent all around game, and tony Allen which is a 79 overall with pretty good finishing but besides that he's only good at d.

Pelicans: obviously AD is great with an 95 overall rating and is stellar at ever part of the game except ball handling and 3 point shot, Jrue holiday who is an 82 with above average shooting and pretty good finishing and he will take care of the ball. After these two there's a drop off, tyreke Evans who is a 79 that is a pretty good defender and has below averaging shooting, ryan anderson who is a 79 post with great shooting and good finishing but is a bad rebounder for his position.

After looking over these two teams I conclude that Memphis is a much better team that will be a good team to go to and be the star scorer, but New Orleans has AD who is a top 5 player in the league and also plays post and will dominate in all facets of the game. Grizzlies is prob the better choice as a team but really it's about preference, would you rather go to a really solid all around team or play with one of the most dominate young players in the game. I think id have to carry more on the pelicans were if I was having an off game the grizzlies can still pull out the victory, I think the pelicans would crumble. But if me and AD are both on our games, I don't know if there's a team that could stop us. Who do you think I should go for?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2015, 05:35 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCAxSteff
After reading the first part i was like take the hawks man they would be a pretty perfect fit with millsap and horford being quality bigs and teague and korver give you assistsall day on open shots after double teams.
When did you start your career?
If it wa not at the beginning of the season i would definitely recommend NO out of them and Memphis (ADŽs rating has been improved since then)
Like Mbunn mentioned, ZBo is pretty old and the Shooting isnt what youŽd like to have on your team.
Did you think of the clippers? Doc would stay , quality bigs and chris paul. SF might be a weak spot on that team though but if i recall it right Matt Barnes is not the worst at 3pt shooting.
And maybe Portland as another option.
I did think about hawks lol it would be great. Two solid bigs, everyone on the floor is a shooter, and like you said, hitting Korver for a 3 off a double team would be automatic lol. I live in ATL too. Only thing is idk about is doc rivers coming, he's a great coach but the hawks coach is doing such a great job I really don't think they'd take anyone for him right now, seems like it would be very unrealistic for doc to take over in ATL. For Memphis they do have a drop off in shooting with except of Courtney lee (3 is 95) and mike Conley (3 is 89, but the big men have great finishing ratings and Randolph is a stellar rebounder. Clippers is a good idea, as my pg in 2k14 I played sg for them since cp3 was pg. On paper it would seem great and I'm the missing piece they need but I don't really wanna go since I won a title already with them last year. As for the blazers I really just don't wanna go there. On pelicans yea AD is terrific but they have very little besides holiday and him.
Old 02-15-2015, 09:20 PM   #7
Rookie

So pelicans hawks or grizz
Old 02-16-2015, 02:36 AM   #8
Rookie

SCAxSteff's Arena

I just remembered that Millsap is a free agent in offseason is that right? If he leaves that would be a huge point against the hawks i think.
Plus you seem to be not really happy with the hawks.

The other options are two different setups.

Grizzlies: very good team, but randolph is quite old, gonna decrease soon if not already. LeeŽs 95 3pt is really good but will he be on the court with you?

Pelicans: Only mediocre Team overall, but long term partner in AD on a superstar level. You could rise with the Team and bring New Orleans a Championship. On the other Hand some teammates could make you raging at least on HOF.

So i think Pelicans would be more fun on SS definitely, but maybe too frustrating on HOF.

Final suggestion: Pelicans and try what Difficulty you can bear in terms of frustration to have the most fun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »