Home

What Does 2K Have Against Lobbies?

This is a discussion on What Does 2K Have Against Lobbies? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2014, 05:26 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 6
What Does 2K Have Against Lobbies?

Anyone remember 2K8..? I love how the lobbies was setup in that game. You can choose to play the game on settings like HOF, Superstar, All Star, ect...

Also I liked how we can see the W/L and DNF % record of our opponents so we pick and choose who to play. I don't want to play someone who has a high quitting percentage or a cheeser who's win-loss record is something like 512-2.

I understand that 2K is worried about players manipulating and cheating the lobby system but who gives a damn cause the stats don't lie. These cheesers will get exposed if you post a 200-3 win-loss record but only average 4.2 total points per game or play a total of 2-3 minutes per game because all you do is tell your friend to quit on you then we will know.

Honestly these quick matches are wack and I want to play someone on my level or has a similar record to me not no randoms.

I'm not even going to address ideas for lobbies in MyPark because we all know what kind of wonders you can do with that. Wake up 2K and please give the loyal customers what we want!!!

Last edited by UWfan206; 12-01-2014 at 05:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2014, 05:53 PM   #2
Banned

yung_nipz's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What Does 2K Have Against Lobbies?

chuch. nice username btw
Old 12-01-2014, 07:07 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 4

Not on purpose but I think I stop playing online when the lobbies went away.

I really don't understand.
Old 12-01-2014, 08:54 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonWuan
Not on purpose but I think I stop playing online when the lobbies went away.

I really don't understand.
Me too. The lobbies they had was really good I just don't understand why they would take it out.
Old 12-02-2014, 10:49 AM   #5
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by UWfan206
Me too. The lobbies they had was really good I just don't understand why they would take it out.
It was numbers game. People would find weak opponents and play the same people over and over again. Yes you don't get to pick your opponent anymore. But it does match you up with a user of the same experience. Which I think is way better. Guys who are top 100 in the game should be playing guy who just got online for the first time. The match system is much better in my opinion. Yes I agree I do wish they had hall of fame lobbies. But again you don't want to same people playing each other over and over again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2014, 02:04 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
The match system is much better in my opinion. Yes I agree I do wish they had hall of fame lobbies. But again you don't want to same people playing each other over and over again.
I understand what you are saying bruh but have an option where we can pick and choose and also have a quick match option like in 2K8 for people who wants to play randoms. For people who wants to play the random quick match games have them balance it out where you are matched against people with your skill level. For the lobbies make it where your level/rankings goes up based on the competition you are playing against and how you fare against them instead of just wins and losses. Problem solved.

Quote:
Guys who are top 100 in the game should be playing guy who just got online for the first time?
There is nothing fair about that unless you were typing it by mistake..

Last edited by UWfan206; 12-02-2014 at 02:27 PM.
Old 12-02-2014, 02:22 PM   #7
Rookie

Agreed..bring back lobbies
Old 12-02-2014, 03:23 PM   #8
Rookie

Lobbies are much needed in sports games, it helps pair people with the kind of gamers they want to associate with. Its tiresome to play against cheaters over and over again or get put against a guy who has two games under his belt and he quits halfway thru 2nd quarter. not asking for a complicated task because your games have had it before as well as other games, we have MORE to work with in new systems so can you please implement lobbies for next year's game

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »