Home

Ratings discussion thread (official roster)

This is a discussion on Ratings discussion thread (official roster) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2014, 11:16 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Ratings discussion thread (official roster)

So far I noticed AD is a 94 now. Could be his speed stats being increased or something else. Also noticed melo speed is now a 90 and is labeled as a "scoring machine" now and harden has his speed raised to 94 and now
Has 3 stars in athleticism. He changed also to a "athletic scorer"
Old 12-04-2014, 11:59 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashidi
It's a formula based on the speed tracked.

The bigger question really is whether the formula/scale works within the game. The roster editor isn't really responsible for that, it's up to the game designers to have the ratings reflect performance.

English: a 55 speed rating by 2K scale may not reflect the players real life speed if speed rating doesn't scale cleany.

Ex: 50 2k-speed = 5 mph in game
IRL: player actually runs 7 mph

There are lots of variables with this, for example I believe in past 2k games a taller player would run faster than a shorter player with equal speed rating because their limbs are longer (which kinda ties into why bugs have had such low speed ratings for years).

I'm at a bar on mobile, pardons for any poor structure
Are you saying speed tracked via SportVu? Because this tracked average speed of all movements on the court, which really doesn't provide any indication of top speed, or of true player speed for that matter.

The Draft combine results are what I always referenced, but even with that, consideration of the players current athleticism and how fast they move with the ball are factors.

Ideally, it may be beneficial for 2K in the future to separate speed ratings by speed with ball and speed without ball.
Old 12-04-2014, 12:23 PM   #19
Rookie

Glad Anthony Davis is getting the credit he deserves.
Old 12-04-2014, 02:23 PM   #20
Banned

yung_nipz's Arena

I think Steph Curry needs an upgrade. His 3PT should be the best in the game, not on par with Jimmer whose 1/8 from 3 this year.
Old 12-04-2014, 02:24 PM   #21
Banned

yung_nipz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
Are you saying speed tracked via SportVu? Because this tracked average speed of all movements on the court, which really doesn't provide any indication of top speed, or of true player speed for that matter.

The Draft combine results are what I always referenced, but even with that, consideration of the players current athleticism and how fast they move with the ball are factors.

Ideally, it may be beneficial for 2K in the future to separate speed ratings by speed with ball and speed without ball.
They said they are updating ALL speed ratings sometime this week according to the advanced cameras.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2014, 02:33 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
As with Synergy and other data sources, 2K has access to more than what's released to the public.
http://youtube.com/real2krosters
Old 12-04-2014, 02:39 PM   #23
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashidi
As with Synergy and other data sources, 2K has access to more than what's released to the public.
Man... Sounds like some Government conspiracy

But has anyone played. I didn't get a chance last night.
Old 12-04-2014, 06:14 PM   #24
Rookie

jstadlin's Arena

OVR: 1

I watch a ton of wizards games and I have a few things I wanted to point out about certain players.

John wall is my favorite player but his 89 dunk rating needs to be turned down a lot. He does not dunk on big men with ease whenever he wants. It's almost ridiculous what he can do dunking in this game.

Instead he should be given more credit for his fancy finishes around the rim and the nifty floater he has. He's very clever getting to the basket on the drive and uses a behind the back euro step very frequently and also uses the tear drop a ton. John may look like Westbrook or rose, but he models his game after Chris Paul instead, looking for cross court passes and using finesse moves to get to the basket instead of just relying on athleticsim to dunk over people. His passing IQ I think deserves to be raised a few points as well as his offensive and defensive consistency. Especially the 55 defensive consistency. This guy brings it every single night, I've watched almost every game the past few years and he's been by far the wizards most consistent player. He is also the wizards hardest working player and his rise to fame hasn't been over night or just based off athleticism. He's been the first one in the gym every day and has worked as hard as anyone in the league and wants to be the best. He should have the all time great badge and legendary work ethic badge. As well as laid back, friendly, swagger, tear dropper spin kingpin behind the back pro and Lob city passer

Also how are you not gonna give john wall the swagger badge?? Come onnn https://vine.co/v/Ovg9KWuUvJt that should be enough right there to deserve it.

One last thing, can you add the athletic 360 dunk to his package? He's thrown that move down in game last year and he didn't win the dunk contest for nothing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »