Home

Why Shot Timings Need Revision on SS & HoF

This is a discussion on Why Shot Timings Need Revision on SS & HoF within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2014, 05:35 AM   #73
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: Why Shot Timings Need Revision on SS & HoF

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax52277
What it show me that why I was missing all those good quality open shot's.

If you know how your player jumps in rhythm to take his shot.

It's so easy to hit the white line,all in one motion.

Yeah, but it doesn't make sense. You hit 38 shots out of 100, ok. So are you telling me that if 100 people tried to do the same they would all only hit 38 shots??!

What if others can hit 50 or 60 shots? That means it's just you who can't release it on time.

How can 1 person show 1 set of results and say that it means that the game is broken?! Hell, you could go back online now and try again and get a different number completely.

Sample size is too small. Go back and do your experiment 100 time. I guarantee you will see different results.

It's such a shame how quick this generation is to say things are broken. Smh.
Old 12-07-2014, 07:30 AM   #74
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBa17
Sample size is too small. Go back and do your experiment 100 time. I guarantee you will see different results.

It's such a shame how quick this generation is to say things are broken. Smh.
It's such a shame how quick this generation is to ignore evidence in face of their preconceptions.

Please, go try Korver out and see how many perfect 3pt shots you can hit and try Millsap for example from the same team and see the difference.
Old 12-07-2014, 07:44 AM   #75
Banned

Why Shot Timings Need Revision on SS & HoF

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaateloauto
It's such a shame how quick this generation is to ignore evidence in face of their preconceptions.

Please, go try Korver out and see how many perfect 3pt shots you can hit and try Millsap for example from the same team and see the difference.

Well let me tell you something, I couldn't hit a perfect release on my jump shot either in MyCareer. Guess what...I now can! I didn't hack the roster...I didn't upgrade my shooting...guess what...I practiced and got better! This might be unbelievable for someone like yourself to understand, but sometimes practice helps!

You can't do something once, fail, and then say it's broken lol. That's madness.

I will practice with Korver and I guarantee I will be able to do it. What do you want me to do to prove it? Name it. A video? Tell me what things you want me to show in the video or pictures. I'll give you a lesson.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2014, 08:42 AM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Well let me tell you something, I couldn't hit a perfect release on my jump shot either in MyCareer. Guess what...I now can! I didn't hack the roster...I didn't upgrade my shooting...guess what...I practiced and got better! This might be unbelievable for someone like yourself to understand, but sometimes practice helps!

You can't do something once, fail, and then say it's broken lol. That's madness.

I will practice with Korver and I guarantee I will be able to do it. What do you want me to do to prove it? Name it. A video? Tell me what things you want me to show in the video or pictures. I'll give you a lesson.
I would like to see this, Show video:

1. your on the current roster
2. your on HOF/Sim
3. your able to get a standing still catch & shoot (no dribbling or movement) 3pt & midrange perfect green releases.
4. want to see an unedited video, no breaks or pauses.
Old 12-07-2014, 08:56 AM   #77
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitolrf

2. your on HOF/Sim
3. your able to get a standing still catch & shoot (no dribbling or movement) 3pt & midrange perfect green releases.

Ok I will get onto this today. How many am I expected to hit? Please be realistic. I'm not going to hit 100% perfect releases, probably not even 50% because although Korver in practice may hit 90% of his threes he won't release it from his hand in the perfect way every time.
Old 12-07-2014, 08:56 AM   #78
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitolrf

2. your on HOF/Sim
Perfect mid ranges are easy to hit with anyone in my experience though.

Quote:
Ok I will get onto this today. How many am I expected to hit? Please be realistic. I'm not going to hit 100% perfect releases, probably not even 50% because although Korver in practice may hit 90% of his threes he won't release it from his hand in the perfect way every time.
I'll upload me hitting a lot of perfect releases with my release in MyCareer. Try to hit them at that pace. To me you don't have to be not dribbling at all (irrelevant if you do or not), just as long as you're shooting the ball with the standard jump shot animation and behind the line.

Last edited by jaateloauto; 12-07-2014 at 08:59 AM.
Old 12-07-2014, 09:30 AM   #79
Banned

Before i make this, how do I show you my current rosters?
Old 12-07-2014, 09:53 AM   #80
Banned

tomzennsbruh's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaateloauto

This generation? I'm 31 years old. I just don't let video games ruin my day and have fun with them the best I can. Honestly, I play 2k11 more than 15 recently anyways. In also don't need to prove myself to anyone by playing against the CPU on high difficulties. I play where I have the most fun, and make changes where I need.

Bottom line. I went on and made 3s with Korver in freestyle practice mode, getting green within 10 shots on SS/Sim. You can say whatever you want about it needs work...and if you think so....then you are right. I just posted exactly what happened when I did it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »