Home

Is this game crazy hard or do I just suck?

This is a discussion on Is this game crazy hard or do I just suck? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2014, 09:05 PM   #1
Rookie

Recon's Arena

OVR: 7
Angry Is this game crazy hard or do I just suck?

Oh my God this game is hard. I play on All-Star in simulation mode. I play mostly with the Hornets (maybe that is partly the reason) and cant seem to make a 3 pointer. I even signed Ray Allen and he sucks. I usually shoot slightly early or slightly late from the players hot zones, sometimes wide open, and cant seem to get the shot go down. It's not only three pointers either, its also at midrange. I shoot like 18% from the arc and average about 38% from the field.

Likewise, every time I attempt to block a shot, especially in the paint, the CPU will draw the foul. It's like you can't contest shots.

Last year I played with the Knicks on Pro and dominated for the most part, winning 19 in a row at one point.

What am I doing wrong?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2014, 09:20 PM   #2
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is this game crazy hard or do I just suck?

The game is pretty tough. I'm a 10 year 2K vet and I had been struggling for the longest. I easily ran on pro or allstar in past games; not with 2K15, though. Eventually, I just swallowed my pride and dropped down to rookie. The game is fun again. I have since worked my way back up to pro. I'm getting a solid challenge now. It's almost like you have to work on the fundamentals first. Hope this helps...
Old 12-04-2014, 09:53 PM   #3
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

The only tough aspect to me is shooting . I can't shoot consistently for the life of me . But some people are water wet It seems
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 12-04-2014, 09:54 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

it can be tough. especially on any difficulty above pro. i just played a few games on superstar and im ready to break my controller. the game gets very cheap in the higher difficulty levels. i went 3-14 with deron williams with more then half of those shots were wide open. when luke babbit out performs deron williams something is wrong.
Old 12-05-2014, 01:15 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

it s strange i do well on superstar. at nba 2k12 for ex, i couldnt win even on all star.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2014, 01:27 AM   #6
All Star

OVR: 49

it took me about 25 games to not suck there is a learning curve this yr.
Old 12-05-2014, 01:52 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 2

Dose any one find that once you go up to all star shooting is a lot harder? I had been playing on pro and getting pretty good stats but felt like it was a little to easy to win with a bad lakers team so the last few games I have tried all star with the same sliders I have been using and I am finding I am missing a lot more easy open shoots on all star. Last game I played I shoot like 38% and Kobe was like 5-24 even though almost all of his shoots where wide and I mean wide open shoots. In the past 2k games I found pro to be to hard and I had to play with sliders to make pro easier. This year the game is way way easier though. I may have to try upping my shooting sliders on all star or go back to pro and lower my shooting sliders a little bit.
Old 12-05-2014, 06:56 PM   #8
Rookie

Recon's Arena

OVR: 7

Thanks guys. I want to like this game cause I had an awesome time last year. I hadn't played a BB game since Live 95. Yes I'm old as *^%.

Anyway. I guess I will play on pro with some sliders here on OS. Hopefully I can get better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »