Home

Unrealistic paint animations

This is a discussion on Unrealistic paint animations within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2014, 11:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0

I haven't heard too many complaints about what's going on in the paint. Maybe I've missed it. But it's annoying how 2K tries to combat inside scoring with unrealistic defensive animations or making the receiver of the ball bobble a pass right underneath the rims a lot of times. Also they miss stuff that should be easy baskets. I understand they are trying to make it tough. But let's not get unrealistic.

I've decided to record a few vids. Before people say it happens rarely, I actually see it every game. I also play with D12, I'd put him in position where most athletic bigs would easily dunk the ball or bigs just easily lay it in. Instead these things happen:

Why is TJones going into this animation already when no one is physically there? Maybe Faried could've contested but this is unrealistic.

Covington has a clear lane to the basket. Instead he gets stuck into place and even actually backs up to be put into a animation.

I throw a nice pass to Ariza (if I must say) and where he could easily lay it off the backboard, he gets put in maybe the worst animation on the game.

D12 wide open. We all know what would happen next realistically.

He turns the other way just to be put in this animation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2014, 12:15 AM   #2
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Unrealistic paint animations

Arent they foul animations?
Old 12-06-2014, 12:23 AM   #3
Rookie

Yeah, some are and a lot of them aren't.

They still are unrealistic. These shouldn't even come to a foul call. That's rewarding the defense actually. And I play with D12 and Jones who can't shoot FTs. I be mad as hell when I had an easy 2 pts and lost an assist.

Speaking of fouls, I think I need to record (which won't show the frequency) the amount of hard fouls that happen in this game. I should not see more hard fouls than regular wrist slap on a layup or something like that.

They also foul hard a lot of times for no reason at all. Someone could be in the post and dwight would just kill him when the player wasn't even about to score at all.

Last edited by JYoung28; 12-06-2014 at 12:58 AM.
Old 12-06-2014, 08:39 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

I watched maybe four of those videos and on every single one you're either inputting the shot too early, or not pushing the stick towards the hoop, or both.

Next time you play slow it down and try moving your guy towards the rim to get some momentum to see if you can get the flush.
Old 12-06-2014, 10:24 AM   #5
Rookie

Looks like them hard fouls animations that are "no calls". The Patch 3 is pose' to fix this. Also could be the shoot button (square or X depending on your console) debacle when the best shot in that situation, isn't really the best animation for that situation. Just like my friends tell me better use the shot stick in the paint, or live with the consequences.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2014, 10:58 AM   #6
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

What's even more annoying is that the CPU has a much easier time triggering them against me. If I were to trigger the animation against the CPU they would usually make the shot in....
Old 12-06-2014, 11:08 AM   #7
Just started!

I down and try affective your guy appear the rim to get some drive to see.
Old 12-06-2014, 11:19 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by foo55
I watched maybe four of those videos and on every single one you're either inputting the shot too early, or not pushing the stick towards the hoop, or both.

Next time you play slow it down and try moving your guy towards the rim to get some momentum to see if you can get the flush.

None of those videos are me. It's the computer, so that there tells me there is an issue. Also, this happens with users. Not as much because we could run closer to the rim, but it happens even if you do run to the rim sometimes and it needs to be fixed. But this is mostly pertaining to MC.

And even if it was me, there still should not be animations that are simulating contact when the defender is not even physically there.

Last edited by JYoung28; 12-06-2014 at 11:24 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »