Home

Anyone have any tips when it comes to playing on HoF/Simulation?

This is a discussion on Anyone have any tips when it comes to playing on HoF/Simulation? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2014, 03:16 PM   #9
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Anyone have any tips when it comes to playing on HoF/Simulation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genocide3883
I'm a PG and I usually get **** on every game by my man, they blow right by me and get an easy layup 90% of the time. My guy is super ****ing slow on defense, he moves like I haven't upgraded athlete at all.
That's exactly why you have to give a big cushion. Never let your guy get past you. Letting him shoot jumpers all day is much better than layups/dunks. If you right stick and shot contest when they go into a shooting motion the distance between you and your man will close

EDIT: Disregard that advice if you're guarding Steph Curry or anyone with the "Deadeye" badge of course.
Old 12-06-2014, 04:34 PM   #10
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2
Anyone have any tips when it comes to playing on HoF/Simulation?

Basically, it comes down to playing vs the HOF cpu a lot and learning from your losses.

Here's a video I did with a 64 rated MyPlayer on HOF sim 12 min to show you how I do it. It's 2k14 but it still is relevant.

The main thing to take away from the video is not on offense because I didn't do this video to showcase that but for defense.

Defense is all positioning, staying in front of your man and laying off steal and triangle most of the time.

This video shows you the positioning required.

Contrary to the way it feels, the cpu doesn't hit everything and you don't have to do it all on offense.

It is very important though that you play smart because your guys play based off you. If you play lousy they do too. You have to know what they can and can't do.

Learning how to do it is an acquired skill. People could post all day and tell you exactly how to do it and you still won't be able to. You have to learn by doing.

Check the stats at the end and you'll notice the numbers don't support the cpu hitting everything and I'm pretty sure my guys shot well from three.

I still managed an A+ grade with a poorly rated (64) myplayer - no attribute upgrades, no sig skills.

You can too, with practice. It won't happen overnight. If a 47 year old man with no skills can do it with an non upgraded 64 rated MyPlayer, so can you.

http://youtu.be/42SC4dd8l_k

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.

Last edited by Coach2K; 12-06-2014 at 04:58 PM.
Old 12-06-2014, 05:15 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by [URL="http://www.Coach2K.com"
www.Coach2K.com[/url];2046878665]Basically, it comes down to playing vs the HOF cpu a lot and learning from your losses.

Here's a video I did with a 64 rated MyPlayer on HOF sim 12 min to show you how I do it. It's 2k14 but it still is relevant.

The main thing to take away from the video is not on offense because I didn't do this video to showcase that but for defense.

Defense is all positioning, staying in front of your man and laying off steal and triangle most of the time.

This video shows you the positioning required.

Contrary to the way it feels, the cpu doesn't hit everything and you don't have to do it all on offense.

It is very important though that you play smart because your guys play based off you. If you play lousy they do too. You have to know what they can and can't do.

Learning how to do it is an acquired skill. People could post all day and tell you exactly how to do it and you still won't be able to. You have to learn by doing.

Check the stats at the end and you'll notice the numbers don't support the cpu hitting everything and I'm pretty sure my guys shot well from three.

I still managed an A+ grade with a poorly rated (64) myplayer - no attribute upgrades, no sig skills.

You can too, with practice. It won't happen overnight. If a 47 year old man with no skills can do it with an non upgraded 64 rated MyPlayer, so can you.

http://youtu.be/42SC4dd8l_k
I'm just getting overly frustrated that my teammates are missing easy under the basket shots. Whereas everyone on the opposing team is making fallaway contested jumpers like kobe, along with making full contact circus layups.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2014, 08:02 PM   #12
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

I use to feel the same way. Unfortunately, mentally you will have to get over that hump. You have to be willing to consider you can play different and get different results.

You can also lower the difficulty.

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Old 12-08-2014, 09:52 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 34

Christ, the CPU gives me all that I can handle on All Star-Sim

I feel great when I can pull away and secure the W
Old 12-08-2014, 10:25 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
That doesn't answer the question -.-
What do you want to hear ?

Skill comes with time, not with going from rookie to hof in one day. I guarantee you 99% of the advices you get here will mostly be useless anyways.
Old 12-08-2014, 11:25 AM   #15
Rookie

The problem isn't my skill. It's the fact that every team I face is hitting 78%+ of their shots right out of the gate. I've got Marcin Gortat morphing into a Kobe/Hakeem hybrid doing these ridiculous circus fadeaways, all going in. Afflalo/Lawson making everything they take, bodied or not.

It's not a matter of skill. It's a matter of this crap being overly broken. To a point where my guys are missing WIDE OPEN layups for christ sake.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2014, 12:42 PM   #16
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

Quote:
The problem isn't my skill. It's the fact that every team I face is hitting 78%+ of their shots right out of the gate. I've got Marcin Gortat morphing into a Kobe/Hakeem hybrid doing these ridiculous circus fadeaways, all going in. Afflalo/Lawson making everything they take, bodied or not.

It's not a matter of skill. It's a matter of this crap being overly broken. To a point where my guys are missing WIDE OPEN layups for christ sake.

Unfortunately it's a matter of skill.

Here's the way I look at it. You are correct that the HOF cpu can do that.

BUT..,

If you watch the video above and skip to the end, you'll see the box score. You'll notice that my team outshot the Spurs and held them under 50 percent and 100 pts for the game. And my guy didn't have to dominate in order to do it. Keep in mind that the MyPlayer used in that game was 64 rated, pass first PG, had not been upgraded, couldn't shoot threes, couldn't dunk and had no signature skills, yet we still won, played good defense and I still managed an A+ teammate grade.

A box score like that is very important because it's proof that it's not a given the HOF cpu will hit everything. It depends on how you play.

Just like you, I could never understand what was going on. However since I saw that someone could do it (Chris Smoove) that one persons evidence told me that I was indeed not playing well enough.

What you are really saying is 2K made HOF impossible and they should make it easier. And they did that by adding five difficulty levels you can use.

What you need to recognize is if your players don't hit shots in certain situations, you have to figure out what situations they do and give them the ball in those situations instead.

And on the defensive side of the ball, you might study that video too because it shows a way to play defense you might find more successful.

The key is you have to practice and take your lumps.

It literally took me many, many, many hours of study and game play to learn how to do it.

Remember too, I'm 47 and not that good. You can do it too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »