Home

MyCareer Rigged Gameplay?

This is a discussion on MyCareer Rigged Gameplay? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2014, 07:21 PM   #1
Banned

encbase13's Arena

OVR: 0
MyCareer Rigged Gameplay?

This gameplay seriously has to be freaking rigged. Like, seriously ****ing rigged! It seems to me you can't make a shot unless its a wide open layup or dunk to start the game and even when you are wide open the freaking jumper mechanism either is rigged or has issues because I can't get **** to fall down. Contested or wide open. (jumper that is) I go into settings to turn on the grade for my release to see what the hell it is I am doing wrong and it won't turn on in game but in practice the crap turns on and I hit nearly every damn shot. I have nearly maxed out stats for athlete, jumper and inside scorer and play on Superstar (6'3 PG). But like I was saying in practice I literally hit almost every single shot but in game struggle and I mean STRUGGLE to get anything to fall. Now, defense. Crap, where do I even start. God lee! What the heck is up with the damn remote response? I hit block or steal and players just do not respond right away. I even moved down to all-star difficulty and changed my release to late to see if it would make any difference and NOTHING. I still come out with horrible shooting %'s even though like I said my stats are nearly maxed out and I get GREAT looks. I am not the type of player who likes to take over with MyMyplayer I love to play SIM ball but this just ain't freaking right! No way I should be missing that many WIDE open looks with ratings as high nor should the defense mechanism feel the way it should. Maybe defense is something I have to get used to playing or w.e but as far as offense I have no damn idea what to do to improve this nonsense that's going on. I won't even jump into the way my teammates play because I'm just going to be repeating what other people have said. Oh and before I forget let's not forget about the incredible runs the CPU goes on as soon as you SIM or are up in the 4th. A damn try at fixing these things would be good btw 2K.

Last edited by encbase13; 12-06-2014 at 07:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2014, 11:07 PM   #2
Banned

HUSTLER_79's Arena

Re: MyCareer Rigged Gameplay?

Buy vc with real money pimp your player to a lebron type player
and 2k will have mercy on you and delete the virus thats programmed upon you .
thats a remedy .
Old 12-06-2014, 11:38 PM   #3
Rookie

He has a point, granted I don't play on all-star or anything. But sometimes its just RIDICULOUS. I was just playing a game beating the Celtics (I am on the Hawks, we have Horford out due to injury) and am a 6'0 PG facing Eric Bledsoe. We were leading by like 15 in the fourth and all of a sudden they hit EVERYTHING. I watched Bledsoe take 4 straight with either one hand up in his face or two and it was wet, like soaking wet. I watched the CPU take crazy leaners from the 3 point line... wet.

Then I go and take SMART shots, wide open, with the defender just barely arriving or not even with a hand in the face... brick, brick, brick.. Its insane.

The CPU bigmen NEVER seem to have any issues with their AI choosing a good shot or layin, however whenever Adriene Payne or Milsap wants to take a layup, its like they HAVE to initiate contact and take a crazy reverse spin layup when they could have just put it up and in. So. Many. Times.
I have gotten robbed of some really nice assists due to this crap.

I don't get it, especially the contested shots, the CPU team makes WAY TOO MANY. I take a contested shot with just a hand in the face, not a leaner or anything, I get an F grade, every time its a brick, the CPU does it almost every play and makes them.

I have also noticed on the control side of things little hinks, like try doing a crossover between the legs and a spin, my guy always does the between the legs and then goes back to his right hand and spins left instead of just going and spinning right.

All kinds of stuff. Ugh.
Old 12-07-2014, 12:10 AM   #4
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

In before "Just call timeout."
Old 12-07-2014, 01:31 AM   #5
Banned

encbase13's Arena

I did buy VC. I am not trying to max my guy out at everything though as I said I love to play SIM style Basketball where I see close to real life stats and stuff of that nature. I have my guy at a 85 overall at the moment and will not be going above that due to the fact like I said I just want realistic numbers but with all of this BS that 2K literally gave to us in this game that's damn near impossible to be honest. Frustration style ball is all 2K gave us this year lol. Corny but it's all I get out of playing MyCareer. Nothing but anger. Maybe if they weren't so damn stupid and would let us use our OWN sliders in MyCareer the same way you can when playing anything else thousands of people would not be complaining about this.

Last edited by encbase13; 12-07-2014 at 02:16 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2014, 05:57 PM   #6
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8

It's completely rigged. I threw my hands up today, my team were up 20 today and cruising along, then the 4th QTR started. I understand comebacks happen, I get it. It's the way it happened. I was able to dish to my centre 5 straight times, wide open under the basket. He should have dunked it (as he had throughout the game) but instead went for lay-up's, and missed all 5, completely uncontested. Meanwhile on the other side the Suns are driving into the lane and getting physically pummelled and crashing to the floor, while each shot goes in. End up losing 120-117.

I've also noticed, my player is playing ever second of each game. I play with 12 minute quarters. "My minutes" say's I should be playing 37 minutes a game, but I'm playing 48. So by the 4th QTR my player is useless. What's the point of having a "great" coach like Doc Rivers when he can't even run the rotation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »