Home

SERIOUS QUESTION: How do I limit oe completely eliminate the comeback AI?

This is a discussion on SERIOUS QUESTION: How do I limit oe completely eliminate the comeback AI? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2014, 12:21 PM   #9
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: SERIOUS QUESTION: How do I limit oe completely eliminate the comeback AI?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Mike
^Except that it's not, there's this thing called shot fatigue...and timeouts do not effect it whatsoever.

I had a game yesterday as Golden State where I was up 16 on the Bulls with 6 minutes left and the game literally "turned off" Steph Curry and Klay Thompson (They shot a combined 0 for 9 in the 4th quarter). They ended up coming all the way back to tie it, but I hit a game winning layup with Draymond Green.

You're going to have people around here on these forums say "call timeout" and "the comebacks are realistic" or "there is no comeback A.I." And they've been doing so since around 2K9 when "clutch factor" was an actual option.

The real issue is a hidden fatigue meter that 2K has programmed into the game that effects your best players on in the clutch, but for whatever reason it does not hinder the CPU at all...this can result in borderline ridiculous late game runs by the CPU

The best option is to mess with the consistency sliders, Give the HUM a significant boost to offensive consistency and tinker with the CPU defensive consistency and you will get slightly better results, but the true fix will only come with an official patch.

2K is aware of the issue and they claim they've addressed it in the next patch.
Shot fatigue does affect CPU players, from what I've seen. Where do you have your CPU and User fatigue set at for games?

The underlying comeback and momentum dynamic can't be changed, but it can be influenced with time outs, as people have said. At the same time, if as a user you have your stars playing 35+ minutes, they will fade late in the 4th quarter with general fatigue. Same holds true for the CPU.

The system rewards teams with greater depth who use more of a rotation by having players remain fresher late in the game.

Personally, I'm using fatigue rate 57 with 12 minutes quarters more or less like version 3.0 in this slider set.

But you're right in that the game's underlying momentum system gets cheesy, especially if you don't manage it. I goofed around some games and tried to lose, got down by double digits in the first quarter, and started making flashy passes and crazy 3's where I had no business being successful on those plays. The game was giving me a cheese boost to keep the game closer, but to get close or take a lead, I had to play good ball again. It does the same for the CPU against the user.
Old 12-09-2014, 12:27 AM   #10
Banned

tomzennsbruh's Arena

OVR: 0

Limit shots and rest players for crunch time. That should help with fatigue and shot fatigue.

And is there a little boost in there? Maybe. But personally I don't let myself get sucked down that rabbit hole. It just leafs to frustration. Find a difficulty you feel is the closest to what you think it should be...and just try everything you can before conceding that the game is cheating you.
Old 12-09-2014, 02:02 AM   #11
Pro

jmaj315's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomzennsbruh
Limit shots and rest players for crunch time. That should help with fatigue and shot fatigue.

And is there a little boost in there? Maybe. But personally I don't let myself get sucked down that rabbit hole. It just leafs to frustration. Find a difficulty you feel is the closest to what you think it should be...and just try everything you can before conceding that the game is cheating you.
limiting shots from your primary scorers is the key!

BUT, with the new patch it will be interested to see how they tweaked the shot fatigue.
Also, the best way to beat it is to get to the FT line.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2014, 03:04 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Call timeout, change POEs and adjust defensive match ups.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »