Home

Shoot in Traffic or Shoot through contact rating?

This is a discussion on Shoot in Traffic or Shoot through contact rating? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2014, 08:16 AM   #1
Rookie

nip83's Arena

OVR: 2

So SIT rating is no longer there.Also the finisher badge(from last year that could help players shoot layups in traffic) is non existent.

So what rating exactly, differentiates players that shoot well in traffic(kobe,melo etc) as opposed to role players who rarely take that tough shots?Is it only the deadeye badge?And what about layups in traffic?

Could this be the reason for so many contested shots going in?Or does the new shooting system work, in a completely different way?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2014, 08:53 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Shoot in Traffic or Shoot through contact rating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nip83
So SIT rating is no longer there.Also the finisher badge(from last year that could help players shoot layups in traffic) is non existent.

So what rating exactly, differentiates players that shoot well in traffic(kobe,melo etc) as opposed to role players who rarely take that tough shots?Is it only the deadeye badge?And what about layups in traffic?

Could this be the reason for so many contested shots going in?Or does the new shooting system work, in a completely different way?
I think it's now Deadeye, Shot Creator and Acrobat that do what you want. Not 100% sure though.
Old 12-08-2014, 08:58 AM   #3
Rookie

ItsJustaGame's Arena

I saw another guy say this but I think it's definitely true; Acrobat is basically the "Finisher" of 2K15. If you play with a guy who has Acrobat you'll see it pop up whenever you make a tough layup. Transition Finisher also plays a role with layups/dunks in traffic.
Coffee_RoCK
The Next Level
PS4

Last edited by ItsJustaGame; 12-08-2014 at 09:00 AM.
Old 12-08-2014, 09:17 AM   #4
Rookie

nip83's Arena

Thanks guys.I've also experienced something different with transition finisher too.Been using Gordon Haywayrd in a Jazz MyGM and he is able to make layups that others can't (not only on fast breaks).Still haven't played my career to see the badges pop up though.
Old 12-08-2014, 09:58 AM   #5
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nip83
Still haven't played my career to see the badges pop up though.
You don't have to be playing MyCareer to see it. If you're using a controller, press up on the directional pad to bring up a stat overlay for the currently selected player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2014, 03:01 PM   #6
Rookie

ItsJustaGame's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosegoose
You don't have to be playing MyCareer to see it. If you're using a controller, press up on the directional pad to bring up a stat overlay for the currently selected player.

Yeah that's actually what I was referring to above too. I just found out about that myself the other day haha. But yeah it'll show you basically the same thing you see on MyCareer for any player in other game modes, as well as any badges that activate in-game.
Coffee_RoCK
The Next Level
PS4
Old 12-08-2014, 03:32 PM   #7
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

I think Acrobat now does this, but I still don't agree that "too many" contested shots go in...NBA players make crazy tough shots all the time and I think it happens at a respectable rate in 2K15 as well.
Old 12-08-2014, 03:42 PM   #8
Rookie

nip83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Mike
I think Acrobat now does this, but I still don't agree that "too many" contested shots go in...NBA players make crazy tough shots all the time and I think it happens at a respectable rate in 2K15 as well.
I agree with you.I have no problem with superstars and low tier stars making those shots.It's been discussed again in this forum but seeing every role player make those shots when controlled by the cpu(user vs user is pretty fair imho) is pretty cheesy.And i'm refering to the 76ers level of role players not patty mills or kyle korver type of shooters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »