Home

Tips for passing lanes

This is a discussion on Tips for passing lanes within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2014, 11:43 PM   #1
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Tips for passing lanes

Asking for some help defending and tipping in the passing lanes . Overall I wanna stop the success rate of my opponents passing in traffic

Do you guys use the face button or RS? Tips for timing etc ...
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2014, 11:15 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Tips for passing lanes

I use the buttons (PS4) square for bounce & chest passes, triangle for lob passes, when I'm sagged off a player to jump the lane. I use RS when i'm smothering the ball handler and move LS in the direction he might pass also. For this he of course has to pick up his dribble.

But, to be honest the success rate is depending on the camera angle your using. Each cam angle has it's blind spot, so you basically have to get use to jumping the lane on the view you play on. For example I play on broadcast & adjust my cam's height to 10, so I can see above everything and Zoom is on 1 so I can see the whole floor. I'm able to to get more steals cause I can see how far I'm actually am from my opponent, cutting angles & passing lanes. Plus when you can see all 10 players on the court you can see the offensive plays develop easier for you to anticipate.

So I'll mess with cam settings & try out the tips I mention above. I get about 7-10 stls & around 3-5 blocks a game (12min ,HOF/Sim) in the league I play in. With the Bullets/Wizards.
Old 12-09-2014, 11:24 AM   #3
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

What camera do you use online ? I get tons of streaks against the A.I. The problem is online at the rec or in teamup games
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

Last edited by Rockie_Fresh88; 12-09-2014 at 11:32 AM.
Old 12-09-2014, 11:33 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
What camera do you use online ?
Broadcast Generic : Height 10, Zoom 1

The distance is something to get use too, but after a few games you'll get use to it. Great for offense if you like running plays with the diagram on. You can see backdoor cutters that's in the play you might not even noticed before. My defense has been better since I switched from 2K Cam, on that angle I have problems with depth, like I don't know how far I'm actually am from my opponent to cut off lanes. No matter what height & zoom I put it on.

Example (defense was good, offense wasn't too many players with broken/glitch jumpers on my team)

http://www.twitch.tv/dckrs202/b/596608606

Last edited by capitolrf; 12-09-2014 at 11:52 AM.
Old 12-09-2014, 12:17 PM   #5
Banned

madmax52277's Arena

Just use your court vision.
See the ball,see your man.
Stay between the ball path, and your man.

And always hold down intense trigger to tip are steal, are jump in passing lane.

Don't over play passing lane, watch ball, watch man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2014, 12:45 PM   #6
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

When playing off ball, I hold the RS and try to stay in the passing lane. This works for two reason:

1) Sometimes you can actually tip the pass doing this

2) Even if you don't, you're immediately in position to put your hands up and contest the shot in the paint.

Some passes will still get through, and your man will still finish some shots. But the law-of-averages typically works out in your favor. The problem with the face buttons is they seem like an everything-or-nothing gamble that typically doesn't work out ... for me at least.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »