Home

Tips on Winning in 2k15 (Full Gameplay HOF Sim) Quarter by Quarter - Sam Pham

This is a discussion on Tips on Winning in 2k15 (Full Gameplay HOF Sim) Quarter by Quarter - Sam Pham within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2014, 07:00 PM   #1
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

OVR: 0
Tips on Winning in 2k15 (Full Gameplay HOF Sim) Quarter by Quarter - Sam Pham

Hello OS ! Sam Pham here ^_^ Been busy but i am back, miss the community here.

Let's keep this thread to topics and tips on "WINNING". This gameplay shows my Blazers against OKC. I divided the gameplay to 4 quarters/ 4 videos. Feel free to discuss/ask anything i mentioned in gameplay, I will do my best to give you an answer/response ^_^

- 2nd Quarter: In this quarter the main tips I have are how to manage the crazy 2k momentum cheese and also how to set up your post players for great looks. Plus let you Superstars take over and bail you out.

- 1st Quarter: The main "winning" tips I have in this gameplay are bench + rotation management, contesting jump shots, let your scorers be scorers, and grinding it out with defense.

*Let me know what you think, also share any winning tips you got in 2k15 ^_^ Happy Holidays everyone !
** I realize is probably better if i post new gameplay vids in the original post ... ignore the other one in the comment section ... lol

Last edited by itchyroll_51; 12-15-2014 at 05:09 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2014, 07:13 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Tips on Winning in 2k15 (Full Gameplay HOF Sim) Quarter by Quarter - Sam Pham

Contesting is useless. When you've got Gortat hitting Ray Allen fadeaway 3s and Lawson/Afflalo making contact layups 90% of the time.
Old 12-09-2014, 07:37 PM   #3
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

Re: Tips on Winning in 2k15 (Full Gameplay HOF Sim) Quarter by Quarter - Sam Pham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genocide3883
Contesting is useless. When you've got Gortat hitting Ray Allen fadeaway 3s and Lawson/Afflalo making contact layups 90% of the time.
Contesting isnt useless and the examples you mentioned are outliers. I understand your frustration don't get me wrong; but I do have recorded gameplay above to back me up. I manually contested both KD and Westbrook multiple times in the 1st quarter gameplay vid. They shot 40% at best; manual contesting with right stick and turbo does make a difference.

Just like IRL these are SUPER STARS they will make tough shots. But looking at the gameplay I have, you must admit I made them missed a high amount of shots too by manual contesting.

Contesting works and is an integral part of winning; it just takes practice and recognition. Don't give up on manual contesting man, it is one of the most important defensive skills ^_^ Once again i understand though if the outlier plays piss you off, i feel that way sometimes too
Old 12-09-2014, 07:47 PM   #4
Rookie

I'm always manually contesting yet guys like Lawson/Afflalo are always seemingly making everything. And this is in MyCareer. So I can't defend all 5 positions myself, which is a bummer because my guys get ripped apart the same way. I just had Gortat hit a fadeaway 3 at the end of the shot clock. Extremely cheese unrealistic ****.
Old 12-09-2014, 08:44 PM   #5
Rookie

How did you split the P&R like that (the move at the 4:27 mark), been trying to do that forever, but always get drawn into a bump animation whenever I try.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2014, 01:14 PM   #6
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Im mad you didnt use Tim Duncan instead for your pic Sam

Old 12-10-2014, 08:01 PM   #7
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genocide3883
I'm always manually contesting yet guys like Lawson/Afflalo are always seemingly making everything. And this is in MyCareer. So I can't defend all 5 positions myself, which is a bummer because my guys get ripped apart the same way. I just had Gortat hit a fadeaway 3 at the end of the shot clock. Extremely cheese unrealistic ****.
MyCareer can get that way, what difficulty you playing on ? I feel default sliders has even more cheese.. I suggest watch Chris Smoove play, that guys is nasty on MyCareer (or my sister lol she has the best Individual 2k on ball d I have ever seen) If you are up for it Geno, maybe you can post a quarter of your gameplay here ? That way I and everyone here will be able to offer more helpful advice. Without gameplay any advice is like a shot in the dark
Old 12-10-2014, 11:16 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyroll_51
MyCareer can get that way, what difficulty you playing on ? I feel default sliders has even more cheese.. I suggest watch Chris Smoove play, that guys is nasty on MyCareer (or my sister lol she has the best Individual 2k on ball d I have ever seen) If you are up for it Geno, maybe you can post a quarter of your gameplay here ? That way I and everyone here will be able to offer more helpful advice. Without gameplay any advice is like a shot in the dark
I watch Smoove he makes it look easy -.-.

It might not be as bad now that I've got Melo back. And I'm going to attempt taking more jumpers, considering I barely take any because of it seeming that w/out a perfect release it's an auto clank. With my jumpshot rating presumably being **** atm.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »