Home

Preferred Platform/console?

This is a discussion on Preferred Platform/console? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Console you play NBA 2K15 on
Xbox One 9 37.50%
PS4 8 33.33%
PC 7 29.17%
Xbox 360 0 0%
PS3 0 0%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-10-2014, 01:51 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Preferred Platform/console?

I was very interested in doing some online leagues so I wanted to know which console you guys prefer to play this game on?

I myself Play it on the Xbox One.

Would love to exchange info and get a league going, the more the better. Thanks in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2014, 01:54 AM   #2
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Preferred Platform/console?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duminakan89
I was very interested in doing some online leagues so I wanted to know which console you guys prefer to play this game on?

I myself Play it on the Xbox One.

Would love to exchange info and get a league going, the more the better. Thanks in advance.
I have 30 man online league on xb1. We are laying the ground work for a restart when the patch drops on xb1. Pm me for more info.

[XLSL SIX NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SIV NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SVI NBA 2K12 Champion]

[SCH SI NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIV NBA 2K16 Champion]

[SCH SV NBA 2K18 Champion]
Old 12-10-2014, 02:03 AM   #3
Rookie

Absolutely man! Can you only be in one league at a time? It's my first time, so I'm not familiar with the rules.
Old 12-10-2014, 02:25 AM   #4
Pro

Vroman's Arena

Wish there were serious online community at pc. There are enough people playing there, but its like every1 scattered with their own buddies and can't find reliable people to play park or try online league
Old 12-10-2014, 02:33 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroman
Wish there were serious online community at pc. There are enough people playing there, but its like every1 scattered with their own buddies and can't find reliable people to play park or try online league
Yea it takes a bit of work to find others near your wheelhouse. Have to scour forums and Reddits and such. Not much matchmaking on the PC version?

Also what are your thoughts on the PC version? Not sure if you have any sort of comparison to the console versions, if you've played them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2014, 03:12 AM   #6
Pro

Vroman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duminakan89
Yea it takes a bit of work to find others near your wheelhouse. Have to scour forums and Reddits and such. Not much matchmaking on the PC version?

Also what are your thoughts on the PC version? Not sure if you have any sort of comparison to the console versions, if you've played them.
Have no problem finding opponents in MyTeam and quick ranked, there are plenty of ppl on MyPark as well. Its just struggle to finding mates to play with here in Europe, most play with their buddies in their own countries.

PC version is the same as console gameplay and features wise. You have flexibility with graphics setting and it runs well on my mediocore rig.
Old 12-10-2014, 03:48 AM   #7
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

So I'm in an interesting situation where I have in my posession all three copies of NBA 2K15 and I would like to break down the pros and cons of them all in as unbiased of a way that I can starting with the PC version (College dorm room ftw!)

PC: PC has the best graphics due to the ability to use mods like sweetFX, and the ability to Mod faces and things of that nature without needing 2K is extremely appealing. In years past there have been complete NCAA overhauls, tight jersey mods, custom nets, custom courts, and things of that nature. The ability to build your own game is amazing, but to me the biggest pro is the ability to use sliders in MyCareer it changes the whole game. That said the PC version has a significant lack of an online community and that hurts it if you like playing online modes like The Park and things of that nature, but if you are an offline focused player and can afford a PC that can run this game well then this is in my opinion the greatest sports gaming experience of all time.

PS4 vs XBONE : Let me lay out the facts, The playstation 4 so far has outsold the Xbox One two to one, and the PS4 is also PROVEN to be slightly more powerful than the XBONE, and you know what? Who cares. None of that seems to have any effect on NBA 2K15, These games play identically...and oh my Lord I mean IDENTICALLY the same, I have hooked them both up side by side on two of the same model TV's. You will hear some people say "Insert Console name here" plays a little bit smoother than the other console, but that simply is not true. Neither one is smoother than the other, neither one has slightly better color, they both are the same. On your quest to determine what console to play / buy NBA 2K15 you need to iron out these three things:

1. If I am mostly an online player : Which console did all my friends get?
2. If I am an offline player : Which controller do I like better?
3. Since 2K seems to have some type of marketing deal with the PS4 : Am I ok with waiting a few extra days for patches or DLC?

Now, the online is community on both consoles is flourishing, it has its problems, but you will NEVER have a problem finding people to play with as long as this is the most recent 2K out.

I know I may not have made it easier to make a decision, but I just wanted to put an honest unbiased opinion that you can feel comfortable with all three versions of the game, but one may cater more to you. I personally bought the PC and PS4 versions, and play MYLeague / MyGM / NBAToday on PC, and when I play against my roommates we hit the PS4 version and go head to head while we play online on my roommates Xbone and we have a blast.

Last edited by Shady Mike; 12-12-2014 at 01:58 PM.
Old 12-11-2014, 05:47 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Mike
So I'm in an interesting situation where I have in my posession all three copies of NBA 2K15 and I would like to break down the pros and cons of them all in as unbiased of a way that I can starting with the PC version (College dorm room ftw!)

PC: PC has the best graphics due to the ability to use mods like sweetFX and the ability to Mod faces and things of that nature without needing 2K is extremely appealing. In years past there have been complete NCAA overhauls, tight jersey mods, custom nets, custom courts, and things of that nature. The ability to build your own game is amazing, but to me the biggest pro is the ability to use sliders in MyCareer it changes the whole game. That said the PC version has a significant lack of an online community and that hurts it if you like playing online modes like The Park and things of that nature, but if you are an offline focused player and can afford a PC that can run this game well then this is in my opinion the greatest sports gaming experience of all time.

PS4 vs XBONE : Let me lay out the facts, The playstation 4 so far has outsold the Xbox One two to one, and the PS4 is also PROVEN to be slightly more powerful than the XBONE, and you know what? Who cares. None of that seems to have any effect on NBA 2K15, These games play identically...and oh my Lord I mean IDENTICALLY the same, I have hooked them both up side by side on two of the same model TV's. You will hear some people say "Insert Console name here" plays a little bit smoother than the other console, but that simply is not true. Neither one is smoother than the other, neither one has slightly better color, they both are the same. On your quest to determine what console to play / buy NBA 2K15 you need to iron out these three things:

1. If I am mostly an online player : Which console did all my friends get?
2. If I am an offline player : Which controller do I like better?
3. Since 2K seems to have some type of marketing deal with the PS4 : [b]Am I ok with waiting a few extra days for patches or DLC?

Now, the online is community on both consoles is flourishing, it has its problems, but you will NEVER have a problem finding people to play with as long as this is the most recent 2K out.

I know I may not have made it easier to make a decision, but I just wanted to put an honest unbiased opinion that you can feel comfortable with all three versions of the game, but one may cater more to you. I personally bought the PC and PS4 versions, and play MYLeague / MyGM / NBAToday on PC, and when I play against my roommates we hit the PS4 version and go head to head while we play online on my roommates Xbone and we have a blast.
Awesome breakdown, interesting comment on how PC is more tailored to the single player experience. Given how much modded support there is for the true NBA fans. But it's to be expected that the PC version will lack community buzz online. Oftentimes if the game is designed with the PC in mind the hype won't build around it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »