Home

NBA 2K15 Gameplay Problems

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Gameplay Problems within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2014, 08:32 PM   #9
Banned

madmax52277's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Gameplay Problems

I'm telling you man.
Sometimes you get those games where nothing goes right. you just have to suck it up, and say why me.

But it will get better just keep playing.
Old 12-10-2014, 09:36 PM   #10
Just started!

I offense down without my control is ridiculous.
Old 12-10-2014, 11:50 PM   #11
Pro

zrohman's Arena

I've had some minor complaint, so I feel some of your pain. But your really grasping at straws.

#1: That is crazy to me. You expect to never have to jump to get a rebound, and you expect that by blocking out alone or by putting yourself in a good position you should get rebounds.

So basically it sounds like you want the game to rebound for you. You just press LT, don't move, don't jump, just let the computer do the work for you.

Okay, so I know your not going that far, but you sort of are. When defenders rebound they do jump, 2k will not and should not auto jump for you. You have to time your jumps, just like you time your blocking out, and just like you have to pick where you try to rebound, etc.

Dirk is not an elite defender. He is old. Probably about 50 now. He is old and slow. If he ran the combine he would run it slower than 80% or more of the players, she is not quick in any sense.

I don't agree with those. In my opinion, the rest of them I fully understand. 2K can't get the game to work perfectly though.

Now that I said that, let me give a good example:

I brace to take a charge at midcourt. My friend dribbles straight down the floor with full on turbo. Runs straight into me.... but the computer forces him to side step me just to avoid "cheese". But what's really "cheese" is 2K taking out all effort and just using computer animations to cover up user errors.

I think 2K takes a lot of control away from users and puts that control in the hands of animations. So that the only thing they expect you to do is "play smart" but when it comes to actual gameplay many times they cover up things with animations.

I think that #5 is like that. When you push someone towards out of bounds (with a nudge) that wouldn't be called a foul anywhere else on the court. But they call it a foul there.

Or like the other guy on here said, it forces you to slow down at certain points instead of putting that in your control.

They do that so users don't go online and just turbo through everything.

The problem is, users should HAVE that choice. But they should also have to pay for taking that choice through the defense realistically stopping it. If 2K can't figure out how to stop something they just take the option away.

Overall I think the gameplay problems are minor. To expect them to fix all these and find a way around every exploit is tough. If you give guys more speed they use it to run in circles until they get around you, it's like no matter what you give players they find ways to abuse it. So they do the best they can, and I think they do a great job overall.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2014, 12:36 AM   #12
Rookie

I agree with number 3. Too many times have I accidentely passed up open shots because my guy decides to throw the ball into traffic or away from the wide open guy.
Old 12-11-2014, 02:57 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 7

Ok first off, I'm sorry of the Dirk comment didn't come off as sarcastic, as I was intending it to be lol. Dirk's my favorite player but he's not a good defender.

2nd I'm really happy with the game, it plays really well and especially so after the latest patch. That's why things like these stick out to me while playing, and I just wanted to share them and hopefully get some input from other fans.

@reptilexcq @ruxpinke yeah exactly, i hope they can fix this so that faster and better ball handling players don't automatically do this protect ball animation, it's a good way to tone down user fastbreaks, but it kills the fun out of the game.

BTW, I feel like some of these issues are exclusive to the user and doesn't really affect the CPU. And vice versa, like the CPU seems to always know where the ball is and always reach for the ball correctly, as opposed to how as a user, you just feel like your player is reaching for nothing half the time. Am I just being crazy or do you guys agree?

@coached17 the thing is, I did press triangle to jump, and actually I think that's why Vucevic got released from the Box out. So instead of jumping while still on a box out, he chooses to release the box out, which let's the opponent Rebound the ball freely.

@GOGO good to hear it doesn't only happen to me!

@thawkprime Yeah it's already been updated, I know because the Gameplay has changed, and you can really notice it with the fouls and rebounding, those 2 are the major ones. I don't know what this graphic on the lower left updated, it didn't even tell me. It just came up in the middle of the game.

@zrohman like I said with coached above, I did jump, or at least try to. Might have pressed the button a little early but my player did something totally different lol. And also was sarcastic with Dirk lol. I do agree with you the animations are taking over way too much. I don't think those are too hard to fix though.

And yeah the game is good, but don't you feel like it should be better by now? They've been doing this for 15+ years, but there's been very little improvement the past few years. Instead of fixing bugs and focusing on important issues, they've been trying to implement new stuff that we don't really need. And these new stuff now will be gone in a few years. Hopefully in 2k16 they focus on fixing the actual game itself first before adding in more unnecessary things.

Last edited by RapboY; 12-11-2014 at 03:01 AM.
Old 12-11-2014, 03:01 PM   #14
Pro

zrohman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapboY
Ok first off, I'm sorry of the Dirk comment didn't come off as sarcastic, as I was intending it to be lol. Dirk's my favorite player but he's not a good defender.

2nd I'm really happy with the game, it plays really well and especially so after the latest patch. That's why things like these stick out to me while playing, and I just wanted to share them and hopefully get some input from other fans.

@reptilexcq @ruxpinke yeah exactly, i hope they can fix this so that faster and better ball handling players don't automatically do this protect ball animation, it's a good way to tone down user fastbreaks, but it kills the fun out of the game.

BTW, I feel like some of these issues are exclusive to the user and doesn't really affect the CPU. And vice versa, like the CPU seems to always know where the ball is and always reach for the ball correctly, as opposed to how as a user, you just feel like your player is reaching for nothing half the time. Am I just being crazy or do you guys agree?

@coached17 the thing is, I did press triangle to jump, and actually I think that's why Vucevic got released from the Box out. So instead of jumping while still on a box out, he chooses to release the box out, which let's the opponent Rebound the ball freely.

@GOGO good to hear it doesn't only happen to me!

@thawkprime Yeah it's already been updated, I know because the Gameplay has changed, and you can really notice it with the fouls and rebounding, those 2 are the major ones. I don't know what this graphic on the lower left updated, it didn't even tell me. It just came up in the middle of the game.

@zrohman like I said with coached above, I did jump, or at least try to. Might have pressed the button a little early but my player did something totally different lol. And also was sarcastic with Dirk lol. I do agree with you the animations are taking over way too much. I don't think those are too hard to fix though.

And yeah the game is good, but don't you feel like it should be better by now? They've been doing this for 15+ years, but there's been very little improvement the past few years. Instead of fixing bugs and focusing on important issues, they've been trying to implement new stuff that we don't really need. And these new stuff now will be gone in a few years. Hopefully in 2k16 they focus on fixing the actual game itself first before adding in more unnecessary things.

I agree that many things are unnecessary. But look at the forums. They have countless accessory requests. A player add a kneepad and everyone goes crazy because the players kneepad wasn't updated.

If they could continue to soley focus on gameplay, and slightly improve the modes they have instead of adding new stuff it would be great. But people always complain, they want full online dynastys. They want fantasy draft for it. They want new game modes. They want accessory requests. Some of these things are understandable, but the demand is so high that they just hace to cater to the crowd. It's unfortunate but I think everyone gets what they ask for. Overall a great game but less focus on gameplay than I would like

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »