Home

Rate the game before and after the patch.

This is a discussion on Rate the game before and after the patch. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2014, 12:13 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
Rate the game before and after the patch.

So I have not played the game sinces the patch came out. To besy trying to catch up on sports and with working. But I was wonder on a scale of 1-10 how would you rate the game before and after the patch?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2014, 12:57 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Rate the game before and after the patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkknightrises
So I have not played the game sinces the patch came out. To besy trying to catch up on sports and with working. But I was wonder on a scale of 1-10 how would you rate the game before and after the patch?
For online ranking...i give it a 5/10. I don't play offline, but i am sure it's better. The reason i give it 5/10 is because it improve in one area but then making other areas bad. For example, the stat overlay are now gone w/ a press of a button which is cool to see. Rebounding improve, defense improved. But the downside, fastbreak isn't smooth, still really laggy. Without the patch, it seems to play smoother. With the patch and improved defense, it seems people are now having a hard time making shots. Still no Nosebleed cam for online ranked.
Old 12-11-2014, 01:28 AM   #3
Pro

ruxpinke's Arena

OVR: 3

Offline- Fastbreak took a big hit. CPU has the catchup magnet speed back from old 2ks. Your player will slow down to let them get in front of you

cpu offense is vastly improved, notably the 3 point line and in the post. Really great stuff here.

Defense more responsive for user

Shooting percentages lowered for both

CPU can get a little dribble and pass happy in heavy traffic with no noticeable penalty

I would rate the game 8.5 post patch, might be able to bring it to a 9.5 with some slider adjustments. Hate the speed nerf, feels like an online exploit they removed and it affects the offline gameplay negatively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-11-2014, 01:45 AM   #4
Pro

zrohman's Arena

OVR: 0

I only play head to head and I have had 0 lag really in online games in my past 15-20 games. (On the Xbox One)

They can't patch issues that are server related from what I know. That is something that they update as they go, and within the past month or so I've had flawless gameplay. I'm sure my park may still be laggy though, or other modes, I only play head to head and it's been phenomenal.

Maybe they should just boost shooting percentages a little bit to compensate for them making defense better. I love the defensive adjustments 100%. I can really get into a game that I can play man to man defense on. They just need to make a few more shots go in
Old 12-11-2014, 02:14 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

for offline

b.p. 7

a.p. 8.5
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2014, 02:18 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 6

9 before. 10 after. I'm not hard to please. I love this game. Currently 26-39 in my first year gm mode with the timberwolves
Old 12-11-2014, 02:31 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruxpinke
Offline- Fastbreak took a big hit. CPU has the catchup magnet speed back from old 2ks. Your player will slow down to let them get in front of you

cpu offense is vastly improved, notably the 3 point line and in the post. Really great stuff here.

Defense more responsive for user

Shooting percentages lowered for both

CPU can get a little dribble and pass happy in heavy traffic with no noticeable penalty

I would rate the game 8.5 post patch, might be able to bring it to a 9.5 with some slider adjustments. Hate the speed nerf, feels like an online exploit they removed and it affects the offline gameplay negatively.
Agree with everything. It feels like everything I do is slower, especially dribbling and passing. It just seems like your players do so much unnecessary movement before they actually do what you want them to.

With that being said, it plays great and stats look good with default SS Sim sliders.

With some slider adjustments this game could be really good, but still frustrating at times.

8/10 Before patch
8.5/10 After patch
Potentially 9 if sliders can fix some of the problems I'm having
Old 12-11-2014, 05:47 PM   #8
Pro

DurtySoufReppin's Arena

OVR: 4

8 before patch

9.5 after patch

My player needs to allow you more input on roster management. The roster management is ridiculous.

Other than that it's a great game. You'll never have a perfect game.

I don't understand how people complain about the speed nerf, the speed is equivalent to NBA speed, especially fast players. The Mycareer AI is way past my expectations, I never thought 2k would get it good enough for me to play but they did it.

Online h2h I'm undefeated after the patch and they have all been blowouts because they actually showed some love to the defensive side of the ball and made it harder to make contested 3s and get pass defenders.

This is by far the best sports game i've ever played.
Grizzlies
Titans
Vols
U.S. Army

Last edited by DurtySoufReppin; 12-11-2014 at 05:50 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »