Home

NBA 2K15 PATCH #3 IMPRESSIONS THREAD

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 PATCH #3 IMPRESSIONS THREAD within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2014, 10:00 AM   #73
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: NBA 2K15 PATCH #3 IMPRESSIONS THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamackeris76
Just reading the thread about people having problems shooting post patch.... What do you guys think about this? None of you have really mentioned this as a problem..... I would give you my opinion but alas I'm Xbox One lol
Personally, I like the fact that shooting is more difficult. One of the biggest things that bothered me pre-patch was the ease to score. Wide open shots were automatic, and that affected the flow of the game.

With the changes to shooting percentage post-patch, the game flows more naturally now in my opinion.

That being said, I wouldn't say that scoring is more difficult. I'm still scoring at the same rate I was scoring pre-patch. Now, I just have to be more judicious in my shot selection and not just jack up anything expecting it to go in.

Last edited by Mos1ted; 12-14-2014 at 10:02 AM.
Old 12-14-2014, 10:09 AM   #74
SimWorld C.E.O.

ronyell's Arena

few questions...

are rotational subs now handled better instead of all out platoon swaps?

are you seeing the cpu pull and take more transition threes post patch?

is the cpu attacking them rim more appropriately now post patch or do they still take that 4 - 8 ft jumper?

does the cpu make the appropriate outlet/transition passes now? do they look to pass as oppose to dribble to advance the ball on the break?

if you do see these fixes post patch but had to make some slider adjustments... what kind of tweaks did you have to make?
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 12-14-2014, 10:27 AM   #75
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

glad they increase fouls but they call too many touch fouls with your hands Up. It's the hard fouls still not being called enough Online at the park and rec. Oh and reach ins are pretty much fouls every time online too

I nearly grabbed a guy by his neck there was no call . But put my hands straight up and it's a foul
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

Last edited by Rockie_Fresh88; 12-14-2014 at 10:30 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2014, 10:38 AM   #76
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
I just finished my second complete game post-patch. Before, I was playing mostly 1 quarter matchups with different teams to get a feel for each team again. (I hadn't played 2K15 in a month before now.)

I played as the Wizards against the Jazz (one of the NBA Today matchups for today) on Superstar/Default for the first half and Superstar/Simulation for the second half.

The immediate difference that I noticed from playing on Default to playing on Simulation was the foul discrepancies. Both teams only had four fouls each in the first half, but they each had 14 fouls in the second half. Naturally, this led to more free throw attempts. In the second half on Superstar/Simulation, I attempted 25 free throws to the Jazz's 22 free throws. Again, that's in one half, so those numbers are promising if playing a full game on simulation.

Field goal percentages were lower on simulation as well (as expected), but they aren't bad on default. That being said, I think I'm going to switch over to simulation permanently because I hate tinkering with sliders (because I'm never satisfied), and I like the increased fouls and less points in the paint that I'm getting on simulation.

In my first post in this thread, I spoke about how challenging the CPU is on Superstar while still being fair. I will add to that by saying that you can't take teams lightly just because you have the more talented roster. I nearly lost this game because I was playing lackadaisically for most of the game, choosing to buckle down in the fourth after starting the quarter down by nine. I held the Jazz to 30 percent shooting in the fourth, so you can actually affect the game with good defense now.

And for those wondering if three point attempts by the CPU have been fixed, the Jazz attempted 25 three pointers, making 8 of them.

Also, finishing underneath the basket isn't automatic anymore. You have to work for your shots even from that range. I love it!

Thanks for sharing your impression....Got a question for you....What are your quarter lengths that your using?

I'm also finding that even at Pro-Sim the CPU (and myself) are getting to the line at a more realistic clip....And what is even more encouraging (from a 'spamming' standpoint) is that your not guaranteed to get to the line if you consistently try to drive to the basket. On NBA 2K14 I could basically draw contact and get the foul call anytime I wanted to. This patch continues to 'wow' me every game, post-patch.
Old 12-14-2014, 10:59 AM   #77
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Someone mentioned the player intros. I saw a show like from 2k14 pre game, then the starting lineup and it did look much more fleshed out. warmups look better on the players as well. Nice touch

Last edited by 23; 12-14-2014 at 12:41 PM.
Old 12-14-2014, 11:06 AM   #78
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Default Pro +Sim settings, Real FG/FT% shooting seem to be the sweet spot for me.

So far in my Pacers association....I'm 4-1 on the year with 3 2pt wins, 1 3pt win, and 1 2pt loss.

As 23 said, lots of small tweaks presentation wise that really seem to add more to the atmosphere, realism aspect.

The most glaring addition in a great way for me continues to be the different play styles of teams.

Philly was run and gun, Memphis pounded me inside with Zebo and Gasol, Atlanta gave me a healthy dose of Teague/Milsap, and the Wiz attacked me with penetration from Wall, kick outs to Beal, etc.

My Stats have been consistently in the 38-45% shooting wise, 3pt is in the 20-40% range, and Free Throws for both teams have been at least 20 shots per in all 5 games so far.

The ONLY thing I've noticed is a lack of fast break points for the CPU but even that hasn't been completely off (Wiz had 16 fast break points, while Milwaukee had 4).

Other than that...I really can't say enough how awesome this game is. Most fun I've had with a Basketball game since College Hoops 2k8.
Old 12-14-2014, 12:56 PM   #79
Just started!

OVR: 0

The best patch in the history of "Patchism" if that is even a word. Played this and it's incredible with what this patch has done.
Old 12-14-2014, 01:38 PM   #80
SimWorld C.E.O.

ronyell's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortiis
any news when it's gonna be available in europe on ps4?????
Don't do it... impressions only.
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »