Home

Why " NBA2K12 classic game presentations " disappeared ?

This is a discussion on Why " NBA2K12 classic game presentations " disappeared ? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2016, 01:10 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Why " NBA2K12 classic game presentations " disappeared ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rell7thirty
I never understood why game series, specifically sports, ditch beloved features in their newer versions.

Player creation has taken a huge step down. Sure, now we can modify facial features and put ourselves in the game.. But we are limited to using horrible haircuts, can't change body types, and tattoo selection is a joke.

Player modes like All star weekend (3 point, dunk, etc.) are all gone. I'm not sure if it was 2k or live, but I remember being able to play in real life blacktops around the United States. That's also gone.

There's no D league, summer league or USA basketball. And just like OP stated, they took out a simple, yet awesome presentation mode.

It'd be great if there were some sort of press release or notes published by the company, letting their consumers know why we aren't getting something we used to. But then again, why would they do that?
lol So they can reintroduce them later and get applauded like they are some breakthrough feature, ie the Pro-am "upgrades".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2016, 01:15 AM   #42
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LM1213
here is a picture
I was just about to post the same pic with an arrow. Good thing I stopped to make sure.

I missed that at first because I was looking for an old CELLphone.
You know, the brick?

Still, while it's a neat aesthetic, it doesn't mean the game will have the era-accurate overlays that 2K12 had (though even that game allowed the modern convenience of a constant score display in the lower right, and I'm okay with that).

I sure hope it does, but I'll live if it doesn't.
Old 09-03-2016, 01:17 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm not sure either. Just saying maybe it's more possible
Old 09-03-2016, 01:32 AM   #44
MVP

midwestking100's Arena

Quote:
here is a picture
I see what you are referring to. When caller id was non existed. But they have got to get rid of that 3pt line.

Last edited by midwestking100; 09-03-2016 at 01:44 AM.
Old 09-03-2016, 03:55 PM   #45
Pro

VinnyVegas28's Arena

Quote:
here is a picture
Great find..love that attention to detail

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2016, 08:45 AM   #46
Rookie

HakeemOlajuwon's Arena

OVR: 2

This is the exact same than 2K16 with old phone and 3 points line

so...
Old 09-04-2016, 10:18 AM   #47
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rell7thirty
I never understood why game series, specifically sports, ditch beloved features in their newer versions.

Player creation has taken a huge step down. Sure, now we can modify facial features and put ourselves in the game.. But we are limited to using horrible haircuts, can't change body types, and tattoo selection is a joke.

Player modes like All star weekend (3 point, dunk, etc.) are all gone. I'm not sure if it was 2k or live, but I remember being able to play in real life blacktops around the United States. That's also gone.

There's no D league, summer league or USA basketball. And just like OP stated, they took out a simple, yet awesome presentation mode.

It'd be great if there were some sort of press release or notes published by the company, letting their consumers know why we aren't getting something we used to. But then again, why would they do that?
This post speaks to me.

Of course, that's not to say they haven't added great things (expansion, classic teams, etc.) but man, I miss those things you mentioned. I figured we'd have full D-League integration and editing capabilities by now after it first debuted in 2010.

And truly, I think the Dunk Contest and 3-Point Shootout could have both been wonderful series staples if they weren't so terribly mismanaged. I understood the need to differentiate from Live's Dunk Contest at first, but I'm not sure the flaming trashcans and thrones were every truly necessary. Ultimately crossing over into the zero-direct-control Guitar Hero format was a predictable death knell. If done right, I think both of those contests could still be a ton of fun, particularly considering Live's entertaining and easy production 10 years ago.

Also, I miss those real parks in pick-up.

Last edited by VDusen04; 09-04-2016 at 10:21 AM.
Old 09-04-2016, 11:41 AM   #48
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Why " NBA2K12 classic game presentations " disappeared ?

2k12 is my favorite. Awesome soundtrack too and I think it was the last year the commentators stopped talking about those mini stories of the legends. Presentation and signature moves were spot on. And...arguably...the legends faces look better in 2K 12 then they do now and that is kind of pathetic

Last edited by GisherJohn24; 09-04-2016 at 11:45 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »