Home

Why " NBA2K12 classic game presentations " disappeared ?

This is a discussion on Why " NBA2K12 classic game presentations " disappeared ? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2016, 08:49 PM   #57
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Why " NBA2K12 classic game presentations " disappeared ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
To this day I still believe NBA 2K12 was amongst one of 2k's worst offerings from a gameplay standpoint....Maybe they threw everything from that offering in the trash, lol

As far as them seemingly randomly
removing things...Mike touched upon it when someone asked why the Jordan pump fake was removed....it didnt fit into the rewritten code- and they had to prioritize....which likely happens with a lot of things...
why do you think it was the worst? I thought it was excellent I felt I could actually play defense.
Old 09-04-2016, 11:23 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
why do you think it was the worst? I thought it was excellent I felt I could actually play defense.
Yeah, 2K12 had a hyper-recovery computer defense thing going on but I had a lot of fun with the game otherwise. The morphing D was legitimately frustrating at times though—you'd beat a guy with a good move then he'd often super slide back to recover.

I actually still break 2K12 out from time to time and have a lot of fun. It was imperfect but I definitely don't recall it being bad enough to warrant any kind of complete overhaul. And at least dunks were still able to be blocked at that point (looking at you, 2K13).

As the old saying goes... at least it wasn't 2K4.

Old 09-05-2016, 12:41 AM   #59
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Don't get me started, lol

I know 2K12 is dear to a lot of guys because the legends/showcase etc...but it's always gameplay first for me....

It got to the point for me where I couldn't really enjoy using the legends...
Old 09-05-2016, 05:27 AM   #60
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
2K has been making progress with next-gen classic player faces over the past two years so things are getting better, and I commend them for not just sitting on their hands.

However, while it's all technically subjective, I'm not sure there's any way most could deny that there were a large amount of next-gen faces that just looked awful by any standards, not just in comparison to other next-gen faces. Last-gen 2K absolutely provided superior faces in some cases—and not just in comparison to fellow next-gen graphics, but better than what next-gen was, and probably still is, throwing out there at times.

For quick reference, here's where things stood in 2K15 in comparison to its last gen counterpart:

Last gen Bill Russell:

2K15 Bill Russell:

Update:

Joe Dumars for good measure:

2K11:

2K15:

The attention to jersey detail on last gen generally serves as a solid metaphor for what happened to classic teams as a whole during the transition forward. Compare the last gen screenshot of Isiah Thomas and Joe Dumars above to this look below:

In some cases, players faces and team jerseys made the move just fine (next-gen Isiah actually doesn't look too shabby). But in other cases, it seemed like everything was completely thrown out the window and replaced with rushed clay figures, almost as if half of the files were accidentally deleted at some point. In this case, there's probably not a great reason for the 1989 Pistons to suddenly move over to an ill-proportioned sky blue jersey with the proper "Pistons" removed and replaced with "Detroit".
Never ceases to amaze me how far the legends have fallen, visually since 2k11.

The evidence is damning.

Just look at the difference in jerseys for the Bulls. They look like they're superglued or painted on now. Same as the number size and placement - seriously, you have to ask, what are the art team doing over there? It's not like there's not tons of visual reference out there to help them craft accurate representations......

And as vdusen mentioned - the models themselves today look like they were molded from clay. Look at the difference in definition between 2k11 and 2k15/16.

Shocking display for a game that has had 5 years to improve.

via GIPHY

Last edited by daveberg; 09-05-2016 at 05:30 AM.
Old 09-05-2016, 05:45 AM   #61
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
The most vivid memory of 2K12 I have is when I realized the AI didn't double team for some reason. Czar released a snippet of video of Shaq catching a deep ball in the post and backing down like Stockton (or someone tiny - can't remember who exactly) for like 10 seconds. No double. Was kinda funny.

And then I put it to the test and dropped 50 from just post feeding CARLOS BOOZER for an entire game. It was odd because 2K11 had double teams in it.

And that was when I stopped playing 2K12 haha.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2016, 06:05 AM   #62
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
Never ceases to amaze me how far the legends have fallen, visually since 2k11.

The evidence is damning.

Just look at the difference in jerseys for the Bulls. They look like they're superglued or painted on now. Same as the number size and placement - seriously, you have to ask, what are the art team doing over there? It's not like there's not tons of visual reference out there to help them craft accurate representations......

And as vdusen mentioned - the models themselves today look like they were molded from clay. Look at the difference in definition between 2k11 and 2k15/16.

Shocking display for a game that has had 5 years to improve.

via GIPHY
couldn't agree more.....
Old 09-05-2016, 07:46 AM   #63
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Don't get me started, lol

I know 2K12 is dear to a lot of guys because the legends/showcase etc...but it's always gameplay first for me....

It got to the point for me where I couldn't really enjoy using the legends...
Hmmmm. To me it was a step up from 11 and I loved 11. I could finally post up consistently. Lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 09-05-2016, 07:48 AM   #64
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWilliam
The most vivid memory of 2K12 I have is when I realized the AI didn't double team for some reason. Czar released a snippet of video of Shaq catching a deep ball in the post and backing down like Stockton (or someone tiny - can't remember who exactly) for like 10 seconds. No double. Was kinda funny.

And then I put it to the test and dropped 50 from just post feeding CARLOS BOOZER for an entire game. It was odd because 2K11 had double teams in it.

And that was when I stopped playing 2K12 haha.
I'm playing in a season now and not seeing this. Although my sliders are modified significantly

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »