Home

How do you play a shooting SG?

This is a discussion on How do you play a shooting SG? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2014, 08:48 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How do you play a shooting SG?

I have a PG and of course you can call plays to make it easier, also have a C and PF which is easy to cheese down low, hook shoot and grabbing rebounds for second chance points.

But i really want to make a SG that's a shooter, kind like Kobe. be able to shoot off the dribble, step back or fade, no lay ups or dunks.

But i cant find a way how to score, i just shoot contested shots which is not good, esp when its an air ball

Is it a case of just hoping the AI calls a play for you? or do you just round round players and call when you get open? Hard to get VC in MC im finding.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2014, 09:05 AM   #2
Pro

Re: How do you play a shooting SG?

You need to make your opportunities. If you're succesful your teammates will have more trust in you and give you the ball more often.

I guess it needs quite some time to become a good shooter like Kobe, you must be able to ignore tight D since the CPU always gets good shot defense. Don't know if deadeye and shot creator still exist, but these are badges you would need.
Old 12-17-2014, 10:14 AM   #3
Rookie

Re: How do you play a shooting SG?

I actually play a shooting guard in my career. In the beginning, focus your vc on outside shooting and ball handling. When you receive the ball attempt the turnaround jumper (double tap square on ps4). Often times this move leaves you with the space to shoot the open J. If it doesn't, pass the ball put to the pg and reset. Another shoot is the step back jumper (hold right stick back while driving from left to right or vice versa).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »