Home

Why is there no Charles Barkley or classic Suns?

This is a discussion on Why is there no Charles Barkley or classic Suns? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2014, 01:35 AM   #1
J.C
Rookie

OVR: 0

Always wondered what was up with that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2014, 02:46 AM   #2
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Why is there no Charles Barkley or classic Suns?

Some sort of contract issue, or rights or issue. He and Jordan hadn't been in a video game since the early 90's until 2K11 and, I think, 13.

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 12-18-2014, 03:18 AM   #3
Pro

Barkley treats himself like a brand and because of it, demanded tons of money that no one wanted to pay (and rightfully) just to use his likeness in a video game. He basically isn't part of the NBA, he's always been his own brand.

Similar with Jordan in the 90s. Jordan owned his own rights and demanded a huge chunk of change. He had his own games too.. Like Chaos in the Windy City.

In Live, you just typed in a players last name in player creator mode and it would automatically add those players with attributes, looks, and all. It worked for Jordan and Barkely.. Man I miss the pixelated NBA live days lol

Oh and it definitely has to do with money when it comes to Barkley. On TNT, he accidentally let slip "I'm not doing anything for free" when Shaq told him 2K kept asking him to be in the game with Ernie and Shaq. Ernie quickly changed the subject.. I believe it was opening night and they were promoting 2K. Kenny Smith chimed in saying "is that supposed to be you, Ernie?".. Possibly alluding to the fact he doesn't think the graphics are good. Ernie responded "of course it's me, they scanned my face and body"
Old 12-18-2014, 03:50 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Sometimes when i'm thinking to this story, i think that Barkley is better than Jordan.
You know i love this player during the OG 92, he was my favorite player (with Jordan of Course) because he was the best scorer of the team!!
He is small, he is a poward forward, and he could destroy every PF in the league or center! that is the reason why i think he is better than Jordan.
Ok Jordan had 6 rings and barkley 0, but in 1993, could you stop the Bulls? without Ceballos?
so it is like barkley won this title! So yes Barkley has one ring!
In 1995, his team was the best in the league but Manning was wounded! With Manning it was sure, Suns could win the championship! Second Ring!!
And the fact that he is not in NBA 2k is the latest thing proving that it is more easy to get Jordan than Barkley!
I understand Barkley!! But charles you could understand us!!

For Reggie Miller it is an other story!! I think he could beat the Bulls in 1998 but the NBA itself wanted a 3 peat for the Bulls for the business!

Last edited by PJBrownHeat; 12-18-2014 at 03:54 AM.
Old 12-18-2014, 03:56 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJBrownHeat
Sometimes when i'm thinking to this story, i think that Barkley is better than Jordan.
You know i love this player during the OG 92, he was my favorite player (with Jordan of Course) because he was the best scorer of the team!!
He is small, he is a poward forward, and he could destroy every PF in the league or center! that is the reason why i think he is better than Jordan.
Ok Jordan had 6 rings and barkley 0, but in 1993, could you stop the Bulls? without Ceballos?
In 1995, his team was the best in the league but Manning was wounded! With Manning it was sure, Suns could win the championship! Second Ring!!
And the fact that he is not in NBA 2k is the latest thing proving that it is more easy to get Jordan than Barkley!

For Reggie Miller it is an other story!! I think he could beat the Bulls in 1998 but the NBA itself wanted a 3 peat for the Bulls for the business!
Spoiler

Sorry man but you're trippin big time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2014, 03:59 AM   #6
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

Quote:

Old 12-18-2014, 05:33 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Yes i really would like to stop posting if i could play to a good basket ball game!
it is sure i would never be on a such forum, wasting my time!
Old 12-18-2014, 06:15 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Yes i really would like to stop posting if i could play to a good basket ball game!
it is sure i would never be on a such forum, wasting my time!

Lol come on man. It was pretty funny.

I stopped reading after you wrote Barkley is better than Jordan but hey, you're entirely entitled to your own opinion. Growing up, I hated Jordan because he crushed my Knicks and won a ring every year it seemed like. Meanwhile I wore his sneakers but I still knew he was the best. I liked Barkley but even he will admit MJ is the best to ever do it.

But I've never seen the comparison of Jordan and Barkley.. Not a serious one at least.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »