Home

Squads Ruin the Fun

This is a discussion on Squads Ruin the Fun within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2014, 07:36 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Squads Ruin the Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsJustaGame
I can't decide if I like the squad system or not, or even the whole Got Next thing. It's a cool idea, and in theory it sounds great, but there is always players abusing the system and screwing other players out of the game, or worse, keeping anyone from playing. Playin solo, it might take you over half an hour to even get in a game.

Sometimes I just wanna hop online an play a quick few, and a matchmaking system would be perfect for that. There can still be a Squad system, just make like the party system in CoD.
If you like matchmaking, Quick Match 1v1's are there for you... That's where the quiet people that don't want to be Social play...

No one on the Park really wants to play with a loner that wont put their mic in. That's not what MyPark was built for.
Old 12-18-2014, 07:54 PM   #10
Rookie

ItsJustaGame's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Of Chaos
If you like matchmaking, Quick Match 1v1's are there for you... That's where the quiet people that don't want to be Social play...

No one on the Park really wants to play with a loner that wont put their mic in. That's not what MyPark was built for.

Haha okay buddy. Excellent input.
Coffee_RoCK
The Next Level
PS4
Old 12-18-2014, 08:32 PM   #11
Rookie

Ha... yea, ok...

I wasn't even trying to flame... I felt the same way before I started communicating and building a squad... Now I'm having more fun than I've ever had playing 2K.. I used to be one of the ones that was rallying to bring Crew matchmaking back, but after spending some time on it (when the Park isn't glitched) it's better than Crew ever was.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2014, 08:43 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Haha okay buddy. Excellent input.
He makes an excellent point. You can easily find new friends and great players by putting your mic on, and inviting others to play with you in a party.

If they aren't great, simply move on and play with new people until you find good players.
Old 12-18-2014, 10:16 PM   #13
Rookie

ItsJustaGame's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jml475
He makes an excellent point. You can easily find new friends and great players by putting your mic on, and inviting others to play with you in a party.

If they aren't great, simply move on and play with new people until you find good players.

Yes that's true, but whether it's a good point or not is irrelevant, because it's beside the point I was making. I didn't mention anything whatsoever about playing with friends/not playing with friends/making new friends or having my mic on or any other such nonsense. All I was saying was simply that it would be nice to hop online in the park for a game or two and know that I'll find a game in less than 30 seconds and be on my way.

And tbh, the whole squad/got next thing is essentially the same as a matching making system except less efficient. Any argument made for can be made for a matchmaking system. And perhaps more importantly, anyone who has played a first person shooter in the last few years knows that there's exponentially more communication there than any you'll find at park or rec. The only difference is at the park you get a silly walk and a first-hand look at how crazy someone can dress their player before you play them.

I could even go on.. But none of this has anything to do with the substance of my comment, but I commend Professor of Chaos for graciously allowing us to heed his words of wisdom regarding the "loners of 2K."

Good $ Professor
Coffee_RoCK
The Next Level
PS4
Old 12-18-2014, 11:26 PM   #14
Pro

zrohman's Arena

Quote:
Yes that's true, but whether it's a good point or not is irrelevant, because it's beside the point I was making. I didn't mention anything whatsoever about playing with friends/not playing with friends/making new friends or having my mic on or any other such nonsense. All I was saying was simply that it would be nice to hop online in the park for a game or two and know that I'll find a game in less than 30 seconds and be on my way.

And tbh, the whole squad/got next thing is essentially the same as a matching making system except less efficient. Any argument made for can be made for a matchmaking system. And perhaps more importantly, anyone who has played a first person shooter in the last few years knows that there's exponentially more communication there than any you'll find at park or rec. The only difference is at the park you get a silly walk and a first-hand look at how crazy someone can dress their player before you play them.

I could even go on.. But none of this has anything to do with the substance of my comment, but I commend Professor of Chaos for graciously allowing us to heed his words of wisdom regarding the "loners of 2K."

Good $ Professor
Exactly. It's just more work. And it leaves more casual players without groups. It's really hard to build a rep when random squads just push through and take all the games. I would be more than happy to build with people and talk on the mic but the least they could do is do matchmaking to make it more convenient.
Old 12-19-2014, 02:36 AM   #15
Rookie

If you're looking for a "Quick Game", then play "Quick Match"... MyPark isn't for you, Sir.. It's for people to congregate with their friends... Play, watch their friends play, rematch, socialize, etc...

The actual substance of your comment was that you want to streamline the experience because you have no one to enjoy the mode with...

Quote:

Good $ Professor
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2014, 06:52 AM   #16
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrohman
Exactly. It's just more work. And it leaves more casual players without groups. It's really hard to build a rep when random squads just push through and take all the games. I would be more than happy to build with people and talk on the mic but the least they could do is do matchmaking to make it more convenient.
It's easy add a few good people from the park. Message them later about the rec
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »