Home

Squads Ruin the Fun

This is a discussion on Squads Ruin the Fun within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2014, 06:04 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Squads Ruin the Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
No matter what court or park you're at it's first come first serve period.

That's my problem with 2k. They want it to be like real life but allow stuff like that to slide.

You go in rec late at night with a group of 4 waiting for a half hour to play and a group of five comes in last second to steal your spot...as you say "foh".
You had no spot... If you had 5 you would have been on the court... If you don't have 5, it takes no time to send out squad invites to people already in the rec.

Learn how to make friends or stay out of the rec.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2014, 06:55 PM   #42
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Of Chaos
And you can do that if you're ready before the squad is...

Get 2 friends to run with, and your problems are solved... You and some random should not have trumpablilty when you have a squad that know each other ready to go.

/Story
Well, it's probably a good thing you're a video game basketball gamer instead of a real life baller. With your logic, you would be in a fight every time you went to play basketball at the local park or rec. Your logic wouldn't apply in the real world.
Old 12-20-2014, 07:31 PM   #43
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Quote:
You had no spot... If you had 5 you would have been on the court... If you don't have 5, it takes no time to send out squad invites to people already in the rec.

Learn how to make friends or stay out of the rec.
The post is literally about people not joining squads and people who stand around doing nothing. Which is why squadding up with randoms doesn't work.

And when I'm playing with a few friends and we need one and no one joins, or they join and never come to squad up what do you suggest then rec center god? That's where matchmaking works.

You must actually like waiting a half hour for a game to finish too...never heard that before.

Learn how to post without being a condescending (you know) or stay out of my topic.

-Allen Iverson
Old 12-20-2014, 07:33 PM   #44
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Well, it's probably a good thing you're a video game basketball gamer instead of a real life baller. With your logic, you would be in a fight every time you went to play basketball at the local park or rec. Your logic wouldn't apply in the real world.
I can't believe this dude lol

-Allen Iverson
Old 12-20-2014, 07:34 PM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I play in real life as well Mr. Poor Assumptions...

If I only have 1 friend with me, you got a squad trying to play 3v3, and a group of 3 walk up that know each other, they're going to get the game. Happens all the time.

You're not going to trump 3 when you only have two.. That defies simple logic. If you don't have 3, you theoretically weren't ready...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2014, 07:48 PM   #46
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

They should have added the ability to call up next and then go get. Game of 21.in. That way you could show cats that you can ball Ile in real life.
Old 12-20-2014, 08:05 PM   #47
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

I don't know where y'all dudes from. But IRL, if you call up next then you got next. If 3 on 3 is going on and me and my boy got next...and we only have two...and then a squad of 3 come up...They gotta wait period! Me and my boy will just simply pick one from the losing squad. But nobody has a right to Debo your ups. That's an unwritten rule in the streetball rules manual man lol. That's the problem with the young thundercats today... respect lol.
Old 12-20-2014, 08:27 PM   #48
Pro

Quote:
Because #1, Park is better... and #2, 2k servers have a hard enough time handling the load it already has.
No I mean park match making. What's better about standing and waiting for a game?? It's not like you can do anything and we all have the same animations lol...

Granted we have over 5,000 new walks and dances and that's cool for kids but I'd rather just jump in and rep up instead of hoping to get a game going in a park that will start will 80 people and then only have 6 playing in less than 2 hours. Matchmaking would solve that and there would never be an empty park or court.

They could easily have it so we match make into a game where there are people who already have next waiting for 1 or 2 players or where there is a game done and people have left and 3 are waiting. OR where there is 1 on a spot and 1 on another a vice versa. It's really irresponsible for 2k not to have matchmatching for the park that's online only. Especially in 2015...Could match by rating or ranking, either way it would work. 2k is just lazy guys.

Makes no sense I just thought of that idea sitting here. Makes less sense why this isn't in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »