Home

Squads Ruin the Fun

This is a discussion on Squads Ruin the Fun within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2014, 08:30 PM   #49
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Squads Ruin the Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Of Chaos
I play in real life as well Mr. Poor Assumptions...

If I only have 1 friend with me, you got a squad trying to play 3v3, and a group of 3 walk up that know each other, they're going to get the game. Happens all the time.

You're not going to trump 3 when you only have two.. That defies simple logic. If you don't have 3, you theoretically weren't ready...
LOL not where I'm from. It actually NEVER happens.

Like guy said, they pick 2 from the losing team.

First it's just common courtesy, lol...guy was here first, let him play...he's by himself. If he's bad it'll be a quick game, but it's never cut them off and we're playing because he doesn't have anybody he 'knows' personally...what type of life is that?? Lol
Old 12-20-2014, 08:34 PM   #50
Rookie

ItsJustaGame's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Well, it's probably a good thing you're a video game basketball gamer instead of a real life baller. With your logic, you would be in a fight every time you went to play basketball at the local park or rec. Your logic wouldn't apply in the real world.

Don't even bother man, there's no constructive debate to be had here, I've already tried. I'm surprised this thread hasn't been locked yet, it's constantly teetering on turning into back-n-forth flaming without reason.
Coffee_RoCK
The Next Level
PS4
Old 12-20-2014, 08:43 PM   #51
MVP

TrustedDegree4's Arena

What's the social aspect of park/rec? TBH i dont see this **** at all. You have randoms that just stand around not doing anything, they don't want to join your squad or anything. My game lags because of how much people are at the Rec/Park

I do not see how MyPark/Rec is better than Blacktop, Crew or Pick Up game.

Last edited by TrustedDegree4; 12-21-2014 at 01:47 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2014, 09:13 PM   #52
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustedDegree4
What's the social aspect if park/rec? TBH i dont see this **** at all. You have randoms that just stand around not doing anything, they don't want to join your squad or anything. My game lags because of how much people are at the Rec/Park

I do not see how MyPark/Rec is better than Blacktop, Crew or Pick Up game.
Point exactly. There's nothing really social about it. It's all macho/wannabe/whos the best alpha male competition stuff. That's all.

It's really more about playing for rep/competition then making friends. They have no social aspects of the park to ehance it and you have to get an app separate from the game to even text chat which is ridiculous and shameless. It would be cool to have the option to use an app to check your rep ala destiny but to have to use this to text people is pointless and takes away from the actual game on screen.
Old 12-20-2014, 09:29 PM   #53
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Of Chaos
I play in real life as well Mr. Poor Assumptions...

If I only have 1 friend with me, you got a squad trying to play 3v3, and a group of 3 walk up that know each other, they're going to get the game. Happens all the time.

You're not going to trump 3 when you only have two.. That defies simple logic. If you don't have 3, you theoretically weren't ready...
Again... Not where I come from. That 3 is going to wait unless I say they can have my next. Period. No one is going to walk up and punk me out of my next. Period.
Old 12-20-2014, 10:42 PM   #54
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

We can all assume either dude plays in some alternate universe or he doesn't actually play ball..

I play ball outside, in a gym, and in a league and I'm pretty sure I've never seen any of this group of people coming in and taking someone's next if they called it lol.

But this "socialness" of the Park is a lie too. I always have my mic in, because I have a headset with surround sound, not on. But I rarely hear people talking. People invite me to a party maybe 1 out of 20 games and only half the time are the people inviting me even good.
I have no desire in playing with random hero-ball guys on the park. And like I said, truthfully squads don't annoy me in the Park.

The Rec Center is where it bothers me. People don't understand how to use got next and squads still. It's been out forever and they're still too dumb. We'll need one guy and he'll stand on another court by himself and refuse to come over and make us wait.
We'll need a couple, and instead of joining our squad they'll look and make another.
People will get next in the wrong side against a squad (losing side) while me and a friend or two wait on the winning side for people to come over and they just waste our time.

Point being: Squads ruin the fun. Got Next ruins the fun. (Unless waiting for a half hour to play is like a fetish of yours or something) it's just pointless and a waste of time.
Rec Center needs matchmaking because too many people can't grasp how to use them features, and too many just stand around for hours never moving. The framework is already there in team-up mode, join lobby with friends or solo and then join.

-Allen Iverson
Old 12-20-2014, 10:48 PM   #55
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Again... Not where I come from. That 3 is going to wait unless I say they can have my next. Period. No one is going to walk up and punk me out of my next. Period.
No one is punking you out of anything... Either you have 3 or you wait till you do... You don't even really have next if you don't have 3...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2014, 10:50 PM   #56
Rookie

What ruins the fun is random loners that think they're important...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »